Building Scrawny Calf Muscles

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Nov 24, 2015 3:48pm
via iOS
I want desperately for my calf muscles to get bigger but the excerises I'm doing don't seem to be working and if it is , it's workimg really slow .. Can someone recommended a good calf muscle workout? Thanks.
25 Nov
A lot of calf raises, you can hit them like every other day since calves normally heal fast. Also hit em with heavy weight. So barbell calf raises etc. Jump rope is a pretty decent option as well.
25 Nov
Thank you
27 Nov
Calves are the most hard to bulk and workout part of the body.You need to hit em a lot and raise heavy weights.Focus on your toes when you climb stairs and stuff.Do some Toe raises thats one of the best bodyweight exercises for calves.I hope i helped you enough! :) Take care and be always happy lady!You can do it! ^^
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 25, 2015 8:23am
via Android

You gotta work your calves really hard to make a difference, since they are already accustomed to lifting your body weight many times all day long.

Jump rope, a whole frikking lot of it, like 8 sets of three minutes each with 30 seconds break in between, everyday...  until it hurts & you still do it everyday and are sore for like two months but you keep doing it everyday anyway and then finally you get kind of used to it.

And if you can, calf raises, with any kind of weight is better, if you can get to a gym is your best option to find a way to load up on safe weight (i recently started to use the Smith Machine to do standing and seated Calf Raises & im still consistently surprised at how much weight i can handle)

25 Nov
Got it. Thank you so much.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 25, 2015 12:46pm
via Android

I just came across this article & thought of this thread, gonna try to incorporate a lot of this in my calf raises next leg day

https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-use-this-workout-to-build-your-puny-calves

The link probably won't work (thx skimble!) but you can easily google the main keywords "t-nation puny calves" :)

25 Nov
Okay. Thanks again
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 25, 2015 12:52pm
via Android

I've also read elsewhere, that article I linked mentions it, about how the tissue surrounding the calves is very tough and can limit muscle expansion, and saw a tip to do stretches with your calf on a tennis ball or lacrosse ball, in order to help loosen that tissue around the calf and allow the muscle underneath to get bigger.

Google "lacrosse ball fascia release" or "lacrosse ball calf" and check out some ideas & yt videos.

Image_thumb
44 Posts
Dec 1, 2015 6:41pm
via iOS
staying consistent is the most important way of building muscle. Stay strong and have faith! We know you can do it. Good luck

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51