Early(ish) 30s and divorcing...!

2 posts | Original | Recent

12803039_10153999908109993_4063728539550887456_n_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 5, 2016 4:20am
via Android

I'm in my early to mid-thirties, and have just recently separated from my husband of almost 5 years. While I am allowing myself the appropriate time to mourn, drink some wine, and eat ice cream, I am also determined to focus on myself, what makes me happy, and what makes me healthy. That includes getting back into a solid workout routine and feeling good about myself again. I would love to find some workout Partners who also understand the challenge of going through a divorce... it has definitely thrown me for a loop! I would like to lose about 40 pounds. I am determined to do it this year.

05 Apr
Just focus on you and your goals right now,remember just because you went through a divorce don't close the lanes to your heart.
05 Apr
I went through a divorce three years ago and gained a lot of weight and did all the wrong things. Using this time to focus on you is definitely the right approach!
06 Apr
Thanks! I'm hoping and working towards a 'reset' on my life at this point. no way to move but forward, right?!
12552719_1631006180495008_9206042508473858945_n_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 6, 2016 3:45am
via Android

I'm going through a divorce too, after 16 yrs of marriage. I've been trying to focus on myself too. I'm trying to gain weight and get healthy. I was underweight. It's definitely a whirlwind of ups and downs. I often feel like I'm entering a world that I don't know. But I lost myself in my marriage. This is a great time to find myself again. I'm glad to meet someone going through something similar. Keep doing what your doing. The results will be worth it. Good luck on your journey.

06 Apr
Thanks Valerie, same to you. This is certainly a rough road to be on!
06 Apr
My divorce was one of the toughest times in my adult life. Finding a balance of allowing myself to reflect on what was my sadness but also look forward to a happier future was my biggest challenge. Fitness and friends helped me turn things around. I'm sure you will achieve just as much on here as anyone. Wish you the best. Cherod
06 Apr
Thanks Cherod. it certainly is a challenging time right now!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51