Calf Muscles

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
May 9, 2016 4:23am
via iOS
How long should you workout your calf muscles each day?
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 9, 2016 4:33am
via Android

If you want toned calves do squats and calf raises 20 squats then 40 calfs raises, then 20 squats then 20 calf raises(make sure you are doing them properly. Skip a day and then repeat. If you want bigger calfs put some good amount of weight like 15lb dumbbells each arm on your squats and on your calfs raises, and do as many as you can until muscle failure and rest for 1 day then repeat again. Always aim for the highest your body can do with weights to get bigger calfs. Your body will hurt everytime you workout if you put in everything you got. Note you will not see notable differences until a month in.

04 Jul
Thanks so much. I'm going to try this
Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 9, 2016 5:18pm
via Android

Calfs are a stubborn muscle group, they can take a long time to come in. Personally I will do standing calf raises and seated calf raises twice a week (on my leg days) at a weight I can hit 3 sets about 12 to 15 reps and I have seen gains.

04 Jul
Thank you :)
Image_thumb
953 Posts
May 13, 2016 4:48pm
via Android

Depending on what you're doing, I wouldn't work them everyday.

Not all muscles are the same and calves are somewhat special in their capacity to resist fatigue, but if you want to lift heavy weight to challenge your calves you should give them a rest to rebuild just like other muscles. Lifting heavy, calf exercises maybe twice a week.  Without weights, you could probably jump rope for a while nearly every day and see/feel some changes in your calves.

Calves have very strong outer tissue which constricts them, and can prevent/slow muscle growth. Look up some YouTube vids about self-myofascial release for calves.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51