7 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
May 25, 2016 6:54pm
via Android

I am 19 and have been smoking since I was a tween! Awful, right? But I'm starting to make better choices in my life and being mother I want to do what's best for my baby and myself. Are you a smoker? Are you planning to quit now that you're getting fit? Does working out make it easier to stop? Any tips? Share your smoking story! And if you don't have one, share a family members journey. This is a hard battle and any encouragement would be wonderful!

214 Posts
May 25, 2016 8:47pm
via Android

Hey, that's awesome, that's really the best thing you could decide to work on for yourself and for your beloved ones: your health!!
Yes, working out does help quitting smoking but it's more of a psychological challenge.
How many cigarettes do you smoke daily? Start reducing the number but not too drastically maybe, make wise choices which you can stick to. Plus after a good workout you'll see you crave fresh air and not that crap. You don't need it, it doesn't have ANY positive effects... Not even calming etc, that's a placebo effect.
Working out on the other hand is the best drug ever. Try and see but don't you think if you don't see results in a few weeks it's pointless, it's not. You need to be patient and work on your habits and there's always a risk you're doing something in a wrong way but nothing would be worse than smoking on top of it.
You're a mom, I bet you'd like to give an example, right?
You can do it, I'm sure you've done even things that are much harder than giving up smoking.
Good luck!!!!!!

25 Posts
May 28, 2016 4:17pm
via Android

1. Your kids should be one main reason why you need to quit. 
2. Calling it "cancer sticks" should be enough for you to quit that nasty habit.
3. The bad breath & stains on teeth it leaves behind ..gross.
4. You have purpose & missions .

I quit 7 years ago and it is the best thing I did.  I experienced tooth aches and even at one point,  for smoking,  I got an abccess which that was enough for me to quit smoking and even drinking Dr . Pepper.   I don't miss either and can't stand smokers around me,  unless it's the good green smell. But it takesSacrifices. ☺

3 Posts
May 29, 2016 8:30pm
via Android

Hello Lauren,
to stop smoking it is really hard if you don't want to do it really. I was smoking several years and I liked it very much. It was my relaxing from stress. I smoked 20 cigarettes a day and nothing convinced me to stop. Neither the money nor my health. But then one day I thought about to become mommy. And I don't want that my future kid *so god will * has to inhale my unhealthy smoke. At this moment I had a reason to stop and smoked in the evening the last cigarettes. At the common morning I don't smoke anymore. My last one was four years ago. So if you think about your kid, try to save his health. It should be reason enough to get the strength and discipline you need.

1 Post
May 29, 2016 8:32pm
via Android

2 Posts
May 29, 2016 9:58pm
via Android

Thank you for your help. I have been smoke free for 2 days. One day at a time. I just keep thinking of that beautiful baby girl of mine. Congratulations on your abstinence  (:

1 Post
Jun 3, 2016 10:24pm
via iOS
Hey, I'm 23 and have been smoke free for 5weeks on Sunday

I've been looking at natural things to help me with quitting.

For example, tomatoes contain a small amount of nicotine in them and so I've been eating lots of those (also a nice healthy alternative).

Also, apparently having something sweet and then smoking doesn't taste very nice, so I've been drinking lots of orange juice in the hope it will deter me from finding out what that taste is LOL.

It's not an easy road to travel, especially in the early stages, but it's one that's worth it!

Keep it up, you can do it!
05 Jun
i am too kicking the habit i promised my daughter i would stop for her 10th birthday in dec and decided to take the steps to being smoke free its been a very long week but i feel so acomplished but i know this is only the begining of my journey

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51