Muscle or Fat?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 29, 2016 5:09pm
via Android

I have been wanting to lose weight but at the same time I have been doing tons of pulls ups. Yesterday I got on the scale and it was 10 more pounds than about last month. Is there a way to tell if I am gaining weight or muscle? Please Reply

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Aug 30, 2016 7:30am
via Android

There are.

First one is the mirror. Second one is measuring bodyfat with a clipper of a scan.

Some weightscales give you info on muscle and on fat. Those aren't very accurate. But if the muscle numbers go up over time. You can tell you are getting more muscle. Some for fat numbers ofc.

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Aug 30, 2016 5:27pm
via Android

Beginner level lifters can gain muscle at the highest rate, since the body adapts dramatically at first. Even so, 2 or 3 pounds a month is as much as can be reasonably expected, and that's if you're really maxing your potential. Any more beyond that is very likely fat, water, or whatever else that isn't muscle.

I use a hand held body composition scanner, picked it up for around 35 bucks. Not sure how accurate it really is but I've heard it's decent. It just tells me fat percent, which is informative enough to give me some direction.

Dog_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 10, 2016 5:22am

No specific exercise will help you to lose weight. I think the weight you are gaining is due to the accumulated fat. It would be better if you take liposuction in your case. It’s all about treating your body in the right way. One of my friends had the same problem like yours and she was gaining weight due to the fat deposits on the hips and thighs. She had taken liposuction procedure ( http://www.sliwinplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body-contouring/liposuction-toronto/ ) from a clinic in Toronto and had managed to lose weight.

10 Sep

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51