Jogging

4 posts | Original | Recent

Oct 4, 2016 8:43am
via Android

Which routine is better? Morning jogging or afternoon?

17 Oct
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 4, 2016 2:38pm
via Android

There is no easy answer besides to say that you should pay attention to your own body and your own habits and whichever one you find easiest to work into your daily routine is probably the best.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 15, 2016 9:21pm
via Android

Hello. My name is Sonia. I am two years post two strokes. I want to begin working out to loose weight and get healthier not sure how to do that with limited strength and movement in right hand and leg.  If I could get help on some modified  exercises to help me tone my body. I am able to ride an exercise bike for a little while.  Thanks Sonia

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 16, 2016 10:40pm
via Android

Are you able to walk? Walking is really great, even for short times, building up more and more. The exercise bike is good. I would suggest doing that and/or walking, and keeping track of how long you can do it, if it has distance and other stats, keep track of those, too. Every week try to improve. Go a little longer, farther, or faster. You can see a lot of progress at first, and it will help you get your body ready for more difficult challenges.

Simple moves like standing up and sitting in a chair, when done properly, can be good. Google "chair squats" and look at a few results to get an idea of form.

With a lightweight resistance band, you can do many things, to also build up muscle endurance and tone. They're relatively cheap.

Google "Stuart McGill big three" (or 3) and watch a couple videos. Great and simple core exercises, though perhaps you are limited by your condition, it's hard to know.

But really, building up just biking and walking endurance is really an enormously beneficial thing to start with.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51