Hurting after a workout.

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
64 Posts
Mar 7, 2019 2:56am
via Android

💧Anyone else hurt super bad after push ups? Or like your wrists?

11 Mar
Hi Britt. I take Glucosamine pills after a heavy workout that has really worked the joints. It helos speed recovery and reduce pain in the joints.
11 Mar
Oh thx you!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 10, 2019 3:15pm
via Android

Take lighter workouts , more casual workouts first.
It usually takes some time for body to adapt. It takes almost a week for body to adjust. I have been working out off and on for sometime and whenever u start working out afresh ,it hurts for sometime. After gaining almost 10 kilos more ,I hv started working out after a break of almost a year and it hurts like hell.
I am an adult btw.(34 yrs, so u must know).

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Mar 24, 2019 10:42pm
via Android

Hi Britt,

When you say you hurt super bad, how bad is it? Does the pain start the day after and last  for a couple of days, or does the pain happen while doing push ups?

Everyone gets muscle soreness when they try new workout regimes, however if you hurt "super bad" you might be overdoing it.

Before you start taking anything, like glucosamine, you need to examine your workout regime. Like someone else said already, start lighter and build up to heavier workouts as you get stronger.

Regarding the wrists, if they hurt during push ups  it's probably due to the fact that they need strengthening. You might also need better wrist mobility.

I have linked some wrist stretches that might help you. Do them before you workout, and with time they should help, but again make sure you are not overdoing it. Also consider doing push ups on your knees or on an elevated surface to start with.

Wrist Exercises For RSI

24 Mar
Thank you! I actaully have been workoing out for about 3 months and my wrists are still the same. They sorta hurt when i do pushups then after they hurt super bad. Like i cant lift anything and it feels like i broke them. I agree with you that they need building up! Thx for the workout that helps. I will try it out! Thank you😊
24 Mar
Gotcha. Try those exercises and see how it goes. Do you take rest days? :)
24 Mar
Thx you i will! No i dont. I mean i have taken a few. But i feel like if i dont workout every day i get more fat and then i lose my motivation
24 Mar
But my older sis did say im losing too much wieght. Which i was trying to lose weight but i wanted to get stronger and its sorta working
24 Mar
Right – so rest days are very important. If you don't and you are in pain, you will only make it worse alas. Your muscles become stronger when you rest, because when you workout you create micro tears. You won't get fatter because you take rest days. Whether you put on weight or not depends mostly on your nutrition. Your exercise might help, but it is the nutrition that does most of the work. Exercise is there to make you healthier, but if you don't rest the result is that you might become injured instead. Maybe do a strength day...

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,343 topics, 38,278 posts

Motivation & Support

8,528 topics, 41,551 posts

App Updates

43 topics, 104 posts

Ask the Pros

764 topics, 1,952 posts

Workouts and Programs