I don't want to gain weight just because I am pregnant!

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 2:45pm
via Android

I am 4 months pregnant and just found out I gained 5 lbs! I do not want to gain anymore. I am going to work out more, I have been pretty lazy. Also thinking of trying a gluten free diet.
Have you known anyone not to gain anything when pregnant? Is it possible and most importantly, is it healthy?

06 Mar
If you dont gain weight your baby wont groww and if your baby dont grow. So whats importnant. I think your baby should be.. i gained 80 pounds when i gave birth and when i poped him out within two weeks i lost all of it. Girl you trippin
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 3:14pm
via Android

I don't think it's possible to not gain any weight cause of the baby inside you. Normally people gain about 10 kg (i don't know how many lbs this is sorry). and I think you shouldn't do too much workouts, maybe some yoga :)

Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 3:33pm
via Android

Only light work outs. No sit ups and only use light weights. You shouldn't take anything out your diet which won't hurt unborn baby as this can give them an intolerance when they are born. Just eat sensibly and healthy. Lots of fruit and veg and make sure you eat lots of yummy fish as it's good for you both. Now isn't the time to worry about weight, just make sure baby is given the best start by looking after yourself now.

Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 3:35pm
via Android

Also if you haven't done any exercise before you were pregnant you are likely to put baby in danger. I'd check with a doctor before you start. Congratulations :-)

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 3:39pm
via Android

If you don't eat, your baby will have a low birth weight. The best thing you can do for yourself is walk, walk, walk! Planking is fine to keep your abs strong, too. Absolutely check with your doctor about prenatal workouts; none of us are truly qualified here.

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 3:43pm
via Android

I have been doing yoga and light to moderate exercises from this site only twice a week, I have been lazy! Now that I have gained so much weight, I am really worried. I do not want to gain much at all. Thank you.

06 Mar
Your going to gain weight regardless what you do. Best thing you can do is eat h healthy. Be, careful what kind of fish you eat some is harmful to you're baby. Its not so bad gaining weight. I had a hard time with it. Now my beauriful baby is 8 mon
06 Mar
Old and I weigh and have a smaller waist than before I got pregnant. If you stress about gaining weight it will make your prgnancy harder. Just relax abd enjoy it. Being pampered and feeling your belly grow knowing your creating a little human :-)
Image_thumb
62 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 3:50pm
via Android

I'd ask your doctor before you start anything. Walking is really good though. Just take it easy. Don't snack on bad foods and eat healthy. That's the best way.

Image_thumb
157 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 4:01pm
via Android

A nutritional shake has been very helpful for the pregnant women I know. Safe for mommy and baby, www.90daypersonalmastery.com you can also email me and I will give you more details
chris.strawhacker@gmail.com

Image_thumb
86 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 6:56pm
via iOS
It's unnatural and unhealthy to baby to stop yourself from gaining weight during pregnancy. Five pounds is pretty good for how far along you are and unless you're looking to harm the baby you have to continue to gain weight.
This website is full of great information about why you're gaining. Including how much the average baby weighs, placenta, even how much the average breasts weigh during pregnancy.just let your body do what it naturally wants to do and you'll be perfectly fine. Best of luck in your pregnancy xoxo

http://www.babycenter.ca/a554810/weight-gain-in-pregnancy
19 Mar
Yes, Charlee is right, you're not just going to gain the weight of the baby, but the placenta and amniotic fluid etc. too. My mum didn't worry about it at all and she was back in her pre-pregnancy jeans two weeks after I was born, so don't worry!
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Mar 6, 2013 8:00pm
via Android

You are going to gain weight hun because theres a lil baby needing to grow inside you. If excercise in your daily routine anyway dnt stop now. My friend still went thai boxing up until 8 weeks b4 her due date. And has put 14lb and only as 4 week left now. Yes she worries about not losing her baby belly but if your quite fit anyway it should b no problem.  Dnt worry hun xx

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Mar 18, 2013 7:19pm
via iOS
JUST BE HEALTHY. Trying to keep from gaining weight during pregnancy is bad for your baby. If this is your first you should bounce back pretty fast. I was my mum's first, she ate very unhealthily and nearly doubled her weight. Yet in pics of me at a few months old she's just a tiny thing. Right now you should be concerned for the health of your baby, it is crucial. You can worry about your weight after birth.
18 Mar
5 lbs is actually really good for how far along you are.
187101_1177147190_8231364_n_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 18, 2013 7:31pm
via iOS
Cats don't gain that much weight when they get pregnant. You'll be fine! Lol
18 Mar
Cats are not people though.
18 Mar
Ok wait i see what you did haha
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 19, 2013 8:13am
via Android

U should listen to thr advice given in here. I am a medical doctor and it is sound advice that u r getting. Go to ur house doctor for regular antenatal check ups, drink ur vitamin tablets, pls remember folic acid (for prevention of spinal defects in ur child) and listen to the advice ur getting here. TIP: Remember if u exclusively breastfeed ur infant it will significantly help you to drop ur after birth. A normal physiological response associated with breastfeeding

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 19, 2013 11:31pm
via iOS
Myshakeology.com/sirterry1983

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51