Skinny girls working out

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 21, 2013 4:36am
via iOS
I'm 5'3" and weigh 95-100lbs and I'm constantly struggling to stay above underweight. And I know there are other girls with the same difficulty. My question is, how do I get fit without losing any or too much weight? I just want to be healthy and active with a nice toned look. Any food or work out suggestions that I should try?
21 Mar
#advosooner #Facebook
22 Mar
Love that you asked this question! I have the same problem (5'4, 99 lbs) and the suggestions you received are ones I'll try! Thank you thank you!
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Mar 21, 2013 1:09pm
via iOS
When you say "underweight," are you speaking of some chart of averages or something your doctor told you? If you are worried about being underweight and haven't talked to your doctor, you should. Underweight is different for everyone. My mother was not much shirter than you and only weighed 90 lbs until she had 3 kids but she was not underweight.
21 Mar
I'm definitely a petite person so underweight is a little more steep for me, but I am going off of information from my doctor. I have a thyroid disease and weight loss has been a big problem for me my whole life.
21 Mar
Ok, just making sure :) i see a lot of girls making assumptions about their weight here that are so ungrounded.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 21, 2013 1:25pm
via iOS
Working out wont make you lose weight, it makes you lose fat - ad gained muscle. This could actually result in weight GAIN. Work with weights, avoid cardio. When you're more comfortable move up to heavier weights.
Image_thumb
109 Posts
Mar 21, 2013 1:32pm
via Android

I'm the same way! Weights are my best friend. Stay away from cardio, or do very little.

Image_thumb
50 Posts
Mar 21, 2013 3:21pm
via Android

Agree with brytny completely, but i just had 2 say love the hair

22 Mar
Thank you!!
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 21, 2013 10:14pm
via iOS
Hi I know what you mean but if you eat enough to compensate for your exercise then weight loss should not be a problem,also try higher calorific foods to give you energy for your workout but to also ease weight loss. However if this does not work for you I would recommend seeing a dietician and asking them about the correct diets for weight maintenance(but also to keep fit and healthy and keep up a moderate standard of exercise to your best ability.) :) I hope this helped a little.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 22, 2013 1:23am
via Android

I have the same issue!  I'm 5'4 and I am 116 lbs. I just want to tone my body not lose any  weight. And does anyone know some good food to eat after a workout?

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Mar 24, 2013 1:21am
via Android

If you want to gain some weight there is only one solution, start eating more . And as mentioned use weights as your main training. Since muscle mass is heavy to build the body needs more energy than usual. Lets say you are eating arround 1800kcal and this is the lowest what your body needs( all hypothetical). If you want ur body to have energy to build muscle you will have to eat more and get more kcal in ur system! Good weight training wont be as effective when you dont eat accordingly.

If you still want to do some cardio you have to compensate with eating even more ;)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51