Bloating HELP! Woman only

11 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
28 Posts
Mar 22, 2013 8:01pm
via iOS
I always bloat a lot on my hips and a little on my stomach at the time of the month. How do I stop the bloating or get rid of it? I don't want to wait 4 days until my period is due!
23 Mar
I have this problem now but I'm seeing it less and less since I have changed my diet. I'm not an expert and I honestly have nothing to back this up. THIS IS JUST WHAT HAS HELPED ME! With that said I'm taking a diet pill called mangodrin on the days I run only,it gives me a lot of energy to get through the interval workout I do on the treadmill. 50 min long it's tough and I do half of this with a jacket on to sweat extra. But my diet is also changed which I think is the...
24 Mar
taking too many pills at a time can cause u kidney failure :(
11 Jun
Dark green veggies and exercising helps a bit with bloating! Lessen up on your carbs and carbonated drinks and eat your food more thoroughly as well! The smaller the food is when you swallow, the faster your body digests it. Also I've found that drinking 2 cups of green tea at night takes out most of the bloating in the morning. This also works for any other day of the month :)
Image_thumb
226 Posts
Mar 23, 2013 1:33am
via iOS
The bloating caused by your period is from water retention. Water retention is caused by your body being dehydrated because of sodoum and lack of water. Therefore, avoid high sodium foods (chips, popcorn, etc) and drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration and to promote comfortable blood flow. Stretching out your stomach is good, too. Midol is great, because it contains caffeine to give you energy, pain killers for the cramps, and anti-bloating compounds for the water retention. 

Hope this helps!
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 23, 2013 11:01pm
via Android

Hi. I saw ur question in the forums and thought i might be able to help you a bit. I am a medical doctor. Well at this stage there is a couple of regimens that you can implement to help you with ur discomfort. As formerly mentioned, excercise and proper diet is good for you...but i am not goin to elaborate on that. From a conservative viewpoint you can use vitamin B6, calcium (1000mg tablets per day) and evening primrose oil supplements (there is some evidence that it helps with PMS). For the bloatedness you can get a diuretic (something like HCTZ 12mg per day). For breast tenderness you can get bromocriptine pills (usually in 5mg dosages) and anti-inflammatory pills like ibuprofen with paracetamol combinations will help with abdominal cramps. If the symtoms are really bothersome you might want to consider oral contraceptives (estrodiol combinations) but remember there are a lot of side affects associated with this route especially DVTs (blood clots) as the most worrisome complication - i wouldnt recommend this option. Then you also get the anti-depressants as the final option; but i also wouldnt recommend this as the side effects r also really undesirable. So u might want to consult ur house doctor for a script for the above mentioned pills. Hope it helps. All the best

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 23, 2013 11:11pm
via iOS
While it sounds like you are trying to be helpful, it is normal for women to retain water prior to their periods. Advocating taking a lot of pills for a normal body process would not be my recommendation. Eating healthy foods, drinking plenty of water, and getting your sweat on should help at least some, without the need to take pills.
24 Mar
I gain about 5 pounds!
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 23, 2013 11:39pm
via Android

Yes i agree with you and i never said it is an abnormal condition i also never said good excercise and diet does not help, but in some females the condition CAN be worst than in others and i want her to know that she must not give up if the excercise doesnt work...theres alternative options that have been proven medically to help (randomized controlled studies). The efficacy of aerobic exercise has also been proven to help and could be due to raised endorphin levels that makes you feel better. The bloatedness is due to an increase in aldosterone which causes sodium retention (so obviously decreasing your salt intake is good for you and stay AWAY from coffee during that time). In general if you increase your water intake during that period it might also increase your bloatedness (which might have the opposite effect tht you want) so keep an eye out for that one. The medication is only used as a last resort if you feel too uncomfortable

Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 3, 2013 4:43am
via Android

Green tea helps a lot ! (:

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 3, 2013 4:53am
via iOS
Try the smoothie at the bottom of this page http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/brett-hoebels-30day-flat-belly-plan :)
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jun 11, 2013 3:26am
via iOS
Being bloated sucks. I don't anything though. Just let Mother Nature be.
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Jun 11, 2013 5:59am
via iOS
Ug. I hate feeling bloated. Talk about a bad day. I exercise everyday and that helps sooooo much. Peppermint tea also really helps me feel better. Oh! Drinking plenty of water! Sounds contradictory but it helps ur body flush excess water.
275104_100000450804137_710122909_n_thumb
24 Posts
Jun 11, 2013 12:00pm
via Android

For cramps, Taking a good multivitamin helps, like Miracle 1000. I gain 5 lbs just eating a hotdog or a pickle in any given day. My doctor says "just don't eat those things" so if I want to look good in my clothes in the weekend I don't have Chinese food. That's how I  have to live. I will be trying the green tea at night advice!

Icon_missing_thumb
172 Posts
Jun 11, 2013 12:11pm
via Android

My best advice would be tons of water, that always helped me. The cleaner I ate and the more hydrated I was during that time meant less bloating, weight gain,etc.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51