Any swimmers out there??

15 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
43 Posts
Mar 30, 2013 1:23am
via iOS
Hey guys! I'm 13 and on a swim team and we have practice 2 times a week now. (we had champs so now it's just spring training) I have improved my time, but I didn't lose any weight or slim my appearance at all. (I started swimming in October.) Im not the best in my age group but not the worst.. Any ideas on how I can look slimmer?? Thx!! I have gained more muscle though btw
275997_100004605425326_746548928_n_thumb
64 Posts
Apr 3, 2013 11:49pm
via Android

I used to swim lanes for an hour or two until our funding was cut.
Try doing some of the exercises on here and some other free workout apps.
I'm just starting the serious workouts and as an out of shape 14 year old, it's not easy.
Any help, advice or if you simply want a chat, I'm here to help.

Image_thumb
79 Posts
May 16, 2013 7:08pm
via Android

Racing swimmer since 3 years old. You'd better start swimming more often and just remember swimming doesn't make you slimmer. Neither more muscular. Try some workouts 2-3 times per week. Push ups, Abs, chin ups. But don't overdo. Maybe running a bit. Eat healthy, drink water. Challenge yourself ... I made a commitment. In 3 months I did 100m freeystyle from 1:15 to 1min. And 2km from 23:30 to 21:50. You'll empowered you'll see!

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
May 16, 2013 9:20pm
via iOS
If you are serious about swimming you should start swimming at least five times a week because when I used to train swimming I had to go six times a week for around two hours. Swimming doesn't make you loose weight try and do some workouts on here
Icon_missing_thumb
43 Posts
May 17, 2013 1:27am
via iOS
Ya next year I'll be in highschool and Im gonna join the highschool team which meets every day except Sunday for 2 and something hrs.(Saturday is drylands) Pre season starts in august. My spring swimming 2x a week just finished and school is finishing so now I have more time to work out. And thanks you guys were helpful!!! :)
Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 20, 2013 7:38am
via Android

i thought i was the only one. :) been swimming for 11 years now. haha. i'm 18 years old.

Image_thumb
47 Posts
May 20, 2013 1:56pm
via iOS
Yeah!  I swim on a team and I LOVE it!  Swimming is so much fun and it is a great workout!
Image_thumb
106 Posts
May 27, 2013 2:15pm
via iOS
I used to swim on a team but we have a inground pool so I still swim !
Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 27, 2013 2:42pm
via Android

Hey, I'm a former Nationals swimmer, and I have alittle advice for you. Your at an age where your peaking for you physical strength and you need to let your body finush its change before you think of slimming down weight wise. Chances are at your age your natrually going to change shape with puberty. If you want to become a better swimmer and imprive some things to do Are:

Cross train in the off season (ie. Dont just swim, run, bike, yoga)
Also you need more than two pracrices a week, try and build up to practicing 5 days a week, so each week add a practice
Lastly swimmer though you may not think it rely on their core, you need to do some short intense ab workouts to improve your core which will give you more stamina.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 27, 2013 4:18pm
via iOS
Yes. I am a swimmer
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 12:30pm
via iOS
I completely agree with Kaylin! Used to be a competitive swimmer, and years on I am still faster than the men in the community pool thanks to technique. 
The core is so important! I miss my butterfly abs!
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Jun 13, 2013 7:55am
via iOS
Hey, I was a swimmer for years before I had to get surgery and couldn't. I'm a dancer now. But during those years I had practice everyday for two hours except for Sundays. Swimming doesn't really make you slimmer but it builds muscle super fast! Your shoulders will really get big. But as long as your fit and healthy your good.
17 Jun
I'm due to be back up to competitive level b the beginning of July...I'm 14, so I can't drive..HELP!!!!
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Jun 13, 2013 5:55pm
via iOS
I'm a diver... Close enough?
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 27, 2013 1:14am
via iOS
I love swimming. I do synchronized and I actually learned how to swim in 2nd grade, although I loved water before that. I'm now going into 6th!
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 8:33pm
via Android

I do synchronised swimming!!!! I love it. I train 17hrs a week down from 30hrs. Its hard but SO worth it

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51