Anything for shin splints

5 posts | Original | Recent
15 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 12:16am
via iOS
I am 13 and I already have shin splints I have tried many exercises and drills but because of my gymnastics background those exercises don't work because of being to flexible
20 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 7:18am
via iOS
Theres this tape called KT tape. Basically it helps circulate the blood more to the muscles so it doesnt hurt as bad. Look into it :) watch on youtube and go online to buy some. Ive used it alot! It really does help!
12 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 8:14am
via Android

KT tape is good. I use it for calf strains. But resting is another good way. If you search shin splints on Wikipedia it explains why you get them and remedies.

226 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 6:46pm
via iOS
Shin splints are fractures in the tibia. You not only need to focus on letting them heal, but also you need to prevent them from happening again. While you have them, lay off all exercises that strain the lower leg. Focus on simply stretching your gastrocnemius (calf muscle). When the pain subsides, lessen the load that you were originally placing on your calves. If you run, run slower or for less time. When you lessen your load, you also need to be doing strength training exercises for the calf, so that the muscle can support the bone properly. Do not do exercises that are really hard on your lower legs, or you will get shin splints again! Start easy and slowly build up. Continue to stretch. Also, I would recommend getting more calcium and magnesium into your diet. Calcium and magnesium work hand-in-hand to make your bones stronger. I got shin splints three times in a row, so I have done extensive research on the subject.

God Bless!
19 Apr
Thanks for the info I will try it
17 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 9:14pm
via iOS
Try stretching and massaging your calf. Start at the top and work down toward your ankle. I thought I had shin splints until I found out I had tight calfs. I've been pain free for months. It has taken my fitness to another level.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51