Pregnancy Workout

6 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 7:48pm
via Android

Ok, 12 weeks pregnant and no where near as fit as I want to be! Have been told be the Dr that I should limit my exercise to walking twice a day which seems really low key to me- friends that have children have said they worked out their entire pregnancy without issue. Looked for workouts on here, but there aren't very many... Any advise?

19 Apr
I know they totally need to put more. I totally stopped doing exercises when I got out of high school it's a been since may 19 of 2012 and I am glad I did it again. I know my doctor said I needed to loose wait and I feel so relaxed when I sleep at night I love it :).
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 11:26pm
via Android

It's my first pregnancy. My sister in law had the same Dr and she was told the same thing through all 4 pregnancies. I feel I'm pretty physically capable though most of my ability is strength not cardio. Prior to finding out, I was doing a simple 10-20 minute workout three days a week- nothing too pushy and had just started adding a cardio routine. I work in a print shop where I was routinely lifting 50-70 pound rolls of media- which I've been told no more than 10 pounds now- gah I feel like a sponge! Lol!

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 11:49pm
via Android

That's what I've been thinkin, but wanted to get more advice! Thanks!

Icon_missing_thumb
33 Posts
Apr 19, 2013 4:06am
via Android

If I were you I would listen to my doc. You should do exercises pertaining to giving birth. Pelvic excercises leg  strength maybe even arm rollsif that's what the they're called. You never know what can stress your baby. I know you don't want to miscarry or have pre term labor. Please take it easy baby is the most important. Just eat right and do the very minimum. After baby you can work out as much as you like. Congrats though

Image_thumb
168 Posts
Apr 19, 2013 4:56am
via iOS
You do what you have done as far. No need to slow down as long as everything feels good, so listen to your body. Rest when you need it, remember to drink (and eat, lol) and stop if something's hurting. 

But you need to read more about this. There is some limits with heartrate, because the baby's heartrate is higher than yours (and obviously you don't want his/her heart to "explode"). 

Exercising when your expecting a baby is just good thing (unless there are some real risk, as told before down there), people are meant to move and you need to strenghten yourself for coming labor and time after that so you won't get tired easily (you also recover quickly). And exercising always effects to baby as well, benefits his/hers condition and carry more oxygen to the baby :)  

Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand the main point there: do exercise as long as it feels good and read more about baby's heartrate and limits :) 
Icon_missing_thumb
33 Posts
Apr 19, 2013 7:12am
via Android

I know some may say do what feels best for you and if you are not in pain then you're ok. I just believe you should think of your baby first just because you may feel fine dosent mean baby is tolerating it so well. Yes you can workout but keep it light. It is good to workout when your preggo but exercise is not everything. There is a time for everything also. Listen to your doc that's what he's there for. Think of your baby above all. Baby dosent want mommy's heart rate going up. Thats one reason you shouldn't panic in labor. But I'm sure you will know the limit to take. I hope you have a beautiful healthy baby.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51