Baby postpartum weight

7 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
May 31, 2013 3:55pm
via Android

I am now 5 months post. I am so use to sleepy when baby is sleepy. I need my energy and normal weight back. I need encouragement. I breastfeed which is suppose to help with weight but I do not see it. Please help me feel okay about myself again.

08 Jun
IM LATE SORRY..U will lose all the weight. BELIEVE ME!! I HAVE *3* KIDS..(8,3,1) All it takes is determination,dedication,modify your eating..drink lots of water. I was sooo frustrated with myself after the last baby. I felt so fat &chunky all over my body. I started working out after my baby was 6weeks old doing,strength training(weights) cardio(running hills &stairs,jump rope). I am 5'2 132lbs. I am toned up..have muscles &a 4 pack...U CAN DO THIS!!!! OF I DID U CAN TOO MAMA!! US moms need encouragements!!
13 Jun
Wow this is EXACTLY how i feel! My daughter is now 6 months and I am breast feeding . I need to still loose 15 lbs to be where I was before I got pregnant., but I wanna get in shape rather than loosing a whole bunch .
Image_thumb
123 Posts
May 31, 2013 7:05pm
via Android

You have about 4 months til you will have to chase baby around. Something one of my doctors told me was. It took you 9 months to gain the weight, it will take just as long to work it off. Keep smiling! Lots of good workouts and people on here.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 31, 2013 7:35pm
via iOS
With my first I always slept when the baby slept. Now it's a bit harder to do with 2. Though I have found that exercising has given me more energy! Do the quick little workouts and you can incorporate the baby even. ( do squats/lunges while holding for added weight or push-ups during tummy time) even just doing a set of jumping jacks or  bitt kicks or something randomly through out the day helps. 
I find with breast feeding that the last few pounds are impossible to lose until you stop Don't stress it, your feeding another person with those pounds! Good luck momma and you are not alone! (My baby's almost 3 months)
369380_1415590786_1377197979_n_thumb
12 Posts
Jun 3, 2013 1:59am
via Android

Kim I just had my son on April 12th and I'm also trying to loose baby weight the more u work out the better you will feel. Start with what u can handle. Do some of the challenges like 50 sit-ups in 50 days I'm doing that and the jumping rope challenge and whatever other small workouts u can handle and have time for, the more u do the happier and better u will feel and then u will be able to do even more and get more happy

369380_1415590786_1377197979_n_thumb
12 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 1:20am
via Android

Those are great ideas I'm going to try them also!!!

Icon_missing_thumb
172 Posts
Jun 14, 2013 2:23am
via Android

I just has my little one 8 wks ago and I'm trying to lose weight. I'm breastfeeding as well and NO the weights not falling off. I lost 20 within the first 2 wks pp and after that I had to really buckle down watch my food choices, water consumption to lose additional weight. Then I was finally cleared to exercise last week. Im down 35 lbs I have 32 more to go until my prepregnancy weight of 153, but now I want to hit 150... So I have 35 more to go.

I never get to sleep while she sleeps...I have 3 little ones. I just squeeze in short workouts throughout the day and/or a biking routine after all three are asleep and I have a rest day on Sundays.Short exercises add up, especially high intensity ones. Just do what you can, make healthy food choices and you'll see results.

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 27, 2013 8:54am
via iOS
Oh I so am with you on this. My son turned 5 months yesterday. I'm so tired all the time. Taking iron for anemia... And I just am so tired if being fat! I started Jamie Easons live fit program. I really have nothing to lose except the weight hopefully!!! I hope you can get the support you need. I def understand where your coming from.
27 Jun
I'm in the same boat. My pre-baby weight was 153 and have at least 30 LBs to go too. I also breast fed. I just weaned my girl on her first birthday (3 weeks ago) and am waiting for the that weight to drop off. I have only lost a few LBs since I weaned her. Though I have been doing squats, so maybe it's in my legs. This is my first baby and I'm still lactating a bit. I'm curious to see how long it takes (can't find info online) so I'll post if I see a weight difference...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51