Anyone 35 yrs old or older???

1070 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 3:28pm
via iOS
There seem to be a lot of teenagers on this app. I'm a 40yrs old, mother of 7. I think my goals are much different than someone under 30 :) no offense.

I'm not looking to be rail thin, have a thigh gap, or be able to wear skinny jeans, etc. I need to lose weight in order to keep my risk of diabetes on the low end. I want my heart healthy, my BMI in normal/healthy range etc

Would anyone be interested in being a buddy?? Keep me accountable ;)

02 Jun
You are not of 35 years old you are 60 years old
03 Jun
Hey Lisa. Im 41 with 8 kids. I exercise daily to keep health issues down. But i also want to stay in shape and stay sexy after 40 ;-)
03 Jun
By the way i am following u know as well
03 Jun
Yep 45
03 Jun
Im 38.
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 3:54pm
via iOS
Thanks for the welcome Anthony.. Yeah I feel like old mother Hubbard in here. Lol

Not sure how to be held acct, maybe just by checking in through pm or comments. 

01 Jun
Followed you so we could keep a check on each other a little easier, best of luck :-)
01 Jun
Thank you :)
03 Jun
21 Jun
Hello Lisa! I followed you too to help you be accountable. I am 37 and trying to break out of inactivity and sedentary lifestyle. Joanna
28 Oct
Im39 woooooo
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 3:57pm
via iOS
Hi Lisa, I turn 35 tomorrow if that counts.
01 Jun
Lol sure Melanie. :)
15 Jul
Hi Lisa, please do read about the 8 hour diet. Makes solid sense. No depriving yourself from your fav. food. Only eat in an 8 +-1 hour window as per your convenience.
15 Jul
I need to deprive myself of sugar as I'm borderline diabetic. And once I eat it I'm addicted and binge on it for months and months til I've gained 59lbs but thanks for the info.
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 4:00pm
via iOS
I've always been active, my issue is food...over eating and eating sweets. Plus with having 6 pg and a total of 7 kids, last pg was twins. Things are just never in the same place no matter how hard you work at it. 

I was at my healthy goal weight 2 yrs ago but since let myself go and gained back all the weight. I kick myself every day :( want to get back to where I was and maintain it for the rest of my days...lol
15 Jun
27 Jun
Hi lisa don't let age bother you. I'm almost 53 l do these workouts eat healthy some good tips lisa curry kiss program. I also play neball and do yoga once a week. I think these are good fun and you do moderate or push yourself harder
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 5:24pm
via iOS
Thank you!!! I checked out you photos and you look fabulous!!! Your hard work and dedication has obviously paid off. 

Thanks for the support. I need to dig deep and find my commitment and dedication. I enjoy food and being lazy too much 
10 Aug
I am 52, retired military, 80% disabled from the navy, have had approx 20 or so surgeries and or surgical procedures done since 1987. I have to be on oxygen when I am walking and or exerting myself, I have sleep apnea and wear a mask to sleep at night, and I need to lose about 90 pounds to prolong diabetes and a double lung transplant. So, my weight problem is not the amount of food that I eat but the lung capacity I have to have a good workout. Currently I only ha 50 to 60% lung capacity.
11 Aug
Hi my name is Lakisha and I am 36 years old.
Image_thumb
72 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 5:26pm
via iOS
Hi I'm Gloria and I will be 52 this month
05 Jun
I'm 52 too!!! Fabulous in our 50's!...lol..I keep telling myself that :)
10 Jun
I am 49, 50 this December. I want to be healthy, live to be 100 by being mentally fit and lifestyle fit.
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 5:43pm
via iOS
Im 37 and trying my best to get back in shape Aswell.in march our sixth kid will be born.its hard enough to get a work out in.lol.i don't have any buddies on here either.if you need one on here im here.just remember you can do it.
Foto_z_iphone_084_thumb
10 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 6:17pm
via iOS
I'm turning 39 this august .
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 6:29pm
via iOS
Where is everyone from? What are your fitness/weight loss goals? 

I'm from Kentucky, USA

I'd like to lose 30lbs, but would really like to be toned, strong and healthy
01 Jun
Hi Lisa, Im from Slovakia, (central Europe)...my goal is to stay fit as long as possible, not to fail in yearly military PF tests. (I would be discharged from the army if I failed the test)
03 Jun
Sounds like you have a great reason/motivation to stay in shape
05 Jun
BC Canada :)
05 Jun
Hello, Lisa. I'm 37. I would also like to lose 30lbs for the sake of being healthy and looking better. I'm in the Memphis area. I jog/walk mostly. I'm trying Atkins. But like you, I love sweets and I feel I over eat at times. I'll follow you and send a bit if encouragement every so often. Be strong!
05 Sep
Las Vegas, NV ~ want to change bad habits (1st bad habit - quit smoking about 5 yrs ago), to feel healthy & be
Image_thumb
203 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 7:12pm
via iOS
Hi Lisa. there are a lot of kids but the dedicated part of the community on here daily are the grown ups. You can eat healthy, be healthy and feel heathy. Take a look at my Profile pics for some simple meal healthy eating examples. I completely changed my diet in January of 2012 and jumped back into daily training about 5 weeks ago now when I grabbed this app on my iPad. Had many others already but THIS app has kept me consistent. I am in the Cincinnati area. My target weight is 175 with 6-8% up to 10% body fat by years end. I'm just under 5' 9" tall.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 9:25pm
via Android

There are a few of of here, I turned 50 last January. I strictly do it to stay healthy and active. I have an athletic build and a high metabolism, so I dont really gain much just tone and strength. Need help just ask

23 Jan
50? You look great. GoodJob although I'm sure it has something to do with genetics.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 9:28pm
via Android

I am 40 and using this as part of training for tough mudder here in the uk..

Image_thumb
65 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 9:39pm
via Android

44 and finding out getting out of shape was easier and more fun than getting back in shape. But reached the point where I like working out. I feel guilty if I slack. I have diabetes in my family. Hoping to avoid that. Hang in there it tuff at first.

01 Jun
I too have lots of diabetes in my family and actually developed it while pg. had to do insulin shots while pg. mine goes away after pg but I'm not insulin resistant. And really struggle with sugar, weight gain, and all that comes with it
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 9:53pm
via Android

I am 41.  My goals are to stay healthy and reduce my blood pressure.  My biological father died at 60 from a stroke

01 Jun
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your dad at such a young age. :(
02 Jun
Never knew him. I was adopted as an infant. The whole point of me exercising is to stay fit and healthy
17 Aug
Oh yeah, 54 Army Retired, stroke survivor, Feb 2013.
Image_thumb
37 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 10:18pm
via iOS
Hi Lisa.  I am 46 and on a journey to a long, fit and healthy life. Am new to this app and very happy to find so many like minded people.
17 Aug
It' s great.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 11:43pm
via iOS
Hi.  I'm 44 and recently completed a couch to 5k program.  I'm 40+ pounds overweight on blood pressure, cholesterol , and reflux meds.  I'm going to do my best to get off the meds and reduce my chance of a heart attack and stroke.  My wife and I have three young kids... They are my motivation!  I hope this app can help break up my running routine.
01 Jun
Awesome!!! Kids are definitely great motivators ;) I have 7 myself
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 1, 2013 11:59pm
via iOS
Thanks Scott, I appreciate the support 
275104_100000450804137_710122909_n_thumb
24 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 12:36am
via Android

I'm 48 & I've been using Skimble since December, I've lost 28 lbs & counting. I've found alot of encouragement here as I see you have! It's going to be a very good thing. My advice is to just be consistent even if it's a 10 min workout before bed, do something. All the best!  

02 Jun
Congrats on your weight loss!!! Amazing. Thanks for the encouragement
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 4:12am

Welome, Lisa.  45 over here with 3 kids in LA, CA. there is a good core group of folks in 30s and 40s on here so you are not alone by any means!

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 4:27am

way to go mike! I was on meds for all of the same conditions. Increasing workouts definitely will help, but i recommend u try to eat as clean as you can too. ive been basically lacto-ovo veg now for about a year i went off reflux meds with best bp and cholesterol in 10 years; weight is down slightly but body fat pct has also dropped so im subbing muscle for fat. Your kids may resist a bit at first, but you may be setting them up with healthier habits for life and now mine have very different eating habits than a year ago!

Icon_missing_thumb
88 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 5:11am
via iOS
41 and counting  with 2 kids.  Getting closer and closer to being in the best shape I've been in 2 decades.  Plenty of others on here in our age group and very supportive too!!!
Image_thumb
91 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 6:40am
via iOS
I'm 26.
12 Aug
I'm 36. Used to run my butt off in an ER but now work in hospice surrounded by comfort food and sitting at a desk all day. I need this app to help me on my non gym days. I need to be motivated and I think this is the trick.
26 Aug
Im 36 and Ive had 3 so Im with you
13 Nov
Im 36 and a mum of 4. Just got the app today and enjoying it so far. Have been losing weight so thought it was time to tone up.
13 Nov
I'm 41 and in the best shape of my life!!!!! 5"6; 180 lbs; 12% body fat!!!!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 2, 2013 7:37am
via Android

Just turned forty !

02 Jun
I just turned 40 in April
02 Jun
Happy belated birthday ladies!!!
03 Jun
Thank Ken :)
Image_thumb
202 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 8:22am
via Android

Hi Lisa and you other guys. I am one of the not so young on here too. I am a bit over 50; and, like otheres have said, work out on here as often as possible. I have five children and love keeping fit, so as to help them be fit, motivate them and play sports with them too. I play hockey , go roller skating , surfing and  do crossfit and do skimble workouts to stay fit and get fitter yet, both for hockey, life and my first tough kidder in October with two of my sons. I have five kids, and live in Perth, western Oz.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 8:41am
via iOS
I am 14
11 Nov
You are a baby compared to I am all of us here I am 55 yr oldgrand ma with lung disease so please don't smoke

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51