2 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 6:12pm
via Android

I'm over 50. You can do this.

Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 6:16pm
via Android

I really bum out I need to loose my weight noone want hire me im over weight and have dietbeties I get tried fast im over weight like 150 lb I need someone to push me lightly then go to normal work I need advise help like 911

04 Jun
Anthony I suggest taking it one lb at a time and not dwelling about the whole number. Make small changes and once you've mastered those, make more. Food plays the biggest factor in losing weight. Could you give us an idea of what your eating each day and we can help you tweak and remove some of the main threats and then go from there. Also getting up and moving will help the weight come off. Go for a walk, even doing some of the easier workouts on here would be great. We are a here to help each other
04 Jun
Food is a big part. I myself have to work on that alot. Also just get moving. Any movement. Walking and start slow, but keep moving. Don't give up.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 7:55pm
via iOS
hi ya. I'm of the older generation (in my low 50's) and I work out a minimum of 25 mins hard cardio every day. you can do this. good luck. the secret is small bite size chunks.
Image_thumb
388 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 7:57pm
via iOS
Omg'sh I'm soo sore. I've been doing the burpee and jumping jack challenge and added in several other workouts. Wow feeling the burn!!! It's such a great feeling.

It's been great since I've been soo busy at the YMCA this week I've not had a chance to workout after my shift 

It feels soo good to be on the right track again :)
04 Jun
that's the spirit
Image_thumb
121 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 8:06pm
via Android

45😺

Image_thumb
388 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 10:59pm
via iOS
Do you find it harder to eat right or find time to work out????

In other words, what are you struggling with if anything? 
04 Jun
I find it harder to recover & maintain the level of fitness I am used to. I know time is ultimate equalizer but not today! I find diet & excercise easier because it is my priority. This appear has helped.
Image_thumb
388 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 11:11pm
via iOS
On days I exercise I find I don't stray from me meal plan. But on days I'm lazy I tend to have lots of cheats that add up to no good :)
04 Jun
Evil sugar? Lol my old pal! Perhaps workout daily if only to stretch
04 Jun
Yeah sugar is my weakness, and being insulin resistant/borderline diabetic I really need to stay away from it....but it's sooo good :) but only for a few secs
Image_thumb
150 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 11:21pm
via Android

I'm 42 and had been working out since 18. I love weights, not to be a bodybuilder or to look model thin ( which is not healthy anyway! ) but to feel good and be fit! I just have a BS in Health Promition, I'm not an expert but if you need some advice maybe I can help. Or at least we can motivate each other!

04 Jun
Exactly...well said
04 Jun
Thanks rosa :)
Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 11:23pm
via Android

Harder to eat right. Ive lost 40 pounds in 8 months or so. It was all fat. So now I'm working out eating right trying to gain weight. I dont like having the arms of a 12 year old girl. (Im a 44 year old man) Would love a greasy burger tonight.

04 Jun
Haha on the 14 yr old arms...I'll trade ya.. Haha I love cheeseburgers, the bigger the better. :)
04 Jun
Oops you said 12 yr old... :)
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jun 4, 2013 11:23pm
via Android

41! :)

Image_thumb
388 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 11:30pm
via iOS
One of my biggest problems is I don't get full!!! Or get the full signal from stomach to brain. I am a serious over eater. i can out eat just about anyone cause I don't get full till I'm about to be sick. I've never puked or made myself puke from over eating but there have been times I've wanted to and even tried. Just couldn't do it...that's when I know I've hit bottom. :(
04 Jun
Self control..portion. think off how u feel when u don't over eat. Make it positive
04 Jun
Yeah I know all that, just sometimes my stomach is more powerful than my brain :)
04 Jun
Takes 15 minutes for your brain to tell your stomach you're full and in that time we can pack it away like a bear about to hibernate!
05 Jun
And I'm a fast eater so that makes my brain have to play catch up. I'm trying to slow down, I'm measuring out my meals and only eating what I have on my plate, no second,Mehta I have is enough for my body,
05 Jun
Most of us eat fast but in time we'll learn to slow things down :-)
Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 11:31pm
via Android

As long as I'm wishin make it a bacon cheese burger. And a chocolate sunday with extra chocolate sauce.

04 Jun
Add some fries with that too :) mmmm
Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jun 4, 2013 11:47pm
via Android

Ok girl we got to stop this im fixin to head to the gym now. And I've got to pass 20 fast food places.

05 Jun
Lol sorry, I just went out and hoe'd the garden.. You can resist
Image_thumb
388 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 1:36am
via iOS
Danny just work out til the craving is gone :) 

Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 1:40am
via Android

It will just be back at two in the morning.

05 Jun
Lmao, sorry... :) you'll make it
Jun 5, 2013 1:42am
via Android

47 this summer. Heaviest ever. Local bootcamp every weekday morning. Hoping for missed workouts here. Love to hear from more formerly thin athletes who have hit the, " whoa! This doesn't come off like it used to!" crowd!

Image_thumb
388 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 1:50am
via iOS
These workouts are really helping me with weight and working muscles. Normally I'm all cardio and no resistance so this app is really helping me... Hopefully I can shape and lose at the same time :) 
05 Jun
Hey....go try my weights circuit program! It's cardio/strength training together. I just did it...I'm dripping (ewwww!), & exhausted!
05 Jun
Awesome! I just went and liked it, will have to try it. Thanks
Image_thumb
388 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 2:30am
via iOS
I'm gonna shower and head to bed, the munchies are getting strong so I need to move away from the kitchen :)

Way to go everyone!!! I'm so excited to see so many making positive changes 
05 Jun
And it's made worse by hubby eating chic ice cream,,,ugh
Image_thumb
388 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 2:33am
via iOS
Does you spouse, significant other, or family support you getting healthy? Or do they kinda throw it in your face that they are eating what they want and not exercising? 

My hubby will not eat healthy nor will he workout with me, I want him around for a while but at this rate he's bit gonna live a long life. Plus I would like some support with trying to resist the sweets and bad things...

Frustrating
05 Jun
by starting a diet and training people usualy say : Im not happy with my body and health. Some people just dont want to say that and they rather live in lies and pretend they are happy with "beer stomach" :-) just like your hubby :-)
Image_thumb
388 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 12:14pm
via iOS
Good morning friends!!!! 

Hope everyone has a great day!!! 
Image_thumb
121 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 12:36pm
via Android

That is tough

2013-05-09_09-34-56_628_thumb
100 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 12:41pm
Good morning, Getting ready to start the day, not feeling well, soar throat and eyes hurting, probable allergies, not going to stop me, thinking of taking walk this morning to get things started.
05 Jun
Sorry about the allergies. I know how tough that can be.
05 Jun
You go Tammy, just power through..
2013-05-09_09-34-56_628_thumb
100 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 12:42pm
Lisa that's rough, when your tempted, are you the one to do the grocery shopping and cooking?
Image_thumb
123 Posts
Jun 5, 2013 12:54pm
via Android

Yes my husband in his own way tries and help. Last night I told him I had the munchies. He said go get some cookies. Lol. He can do that. His whole life has struggled to gain weight. That concept is pretty foriegn to me.

05 Jun
My hubby is 6'3 and thin for the most part. So yeah he just says I love you eat what you want lol I did resist the ice cream and had my yogurt instead

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,340 topics, 38,284 posts

Motivation & Support

8,528 topics, 41,545 posts

App Updates

42 topics, 103 posts

Ask the Pros

763 topics, 1,947 posts

Workouts and Programs