Proud to be curvy! What's your secret?

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 1:06pm
via iOS
Who else on here is proud to be curvy? I'm talking about boobs, waist, hips, bum, legs - regardless of size.

And what are your secrets to keep your body in shape and maybe even enhance your curves?

I'm naturally tall, slim and curvy. I've struggled with that a long time, because I don't feel ultra feminine. I wished to be like the androgynous models that seem to be the current ideal, not because of the ideal, but because of my androgynous personality. I'm 100% woman, just not the barbiedoll type. As a girl I played princess-with-a-sword.

Then I learned that my ultra feminine looks can be a blessing, and since I can't change it, I might as well rock it. Be the princess with a sword in real life instead of trying to be Mulan.

I eat healthily most of the time. I take care of my skin, and enjoy playing around with fashion and make up. I maintain my weight, and am even more motivated to do so after I've seen the results: fat moves to all the right places. I am learning to deal with stress, in order to keep healthy.

I have trouble working out from time to time, but I aim to work out 3-4 times now, doin a variety of stuff. I aim to build it up to 6 days a week, but bit too intensive. The reason is solely health related: I have ADHD and hyper mobility syndrome and both require me to be fit in order to function well.

I have this idea that the more mindful type of work outs for strength such as yoga, Pilates, and the like do wonders for my body type, but I don't know if others share that experience. I run, but no long distances simply because I'm so injury prone and I swim and I like to do Zumba and such.

Diet wise: I focus on what's in it for me. I need proteins and the vitamins and minerals, and healthy fats over carbs. Everyone needs carbs, but ADHD requires a different balance. Oh, and I eat chocolate every day.
09 Jun
I've also been busty and had larger thighs, right now though I have too many rolls and bumps.. Lol I will never be rail thin and really don't want to be, I'm a mother of 7 and want to be a good example to them about eating healthy and exercising and not stressing over the number or size.. Right now I'm not at a healthy weight and really need to lose 30lbs :)
09 Jun
Hey,i am curvy(: &love it!! I noticed when i do cardio i lose fat everywhere. So to maintain the curvyness i lift heavy weights to add definition(2-3) times a week. I do one day of full cardio(run long distance,stairs,hills)
09 Jun
Hey Lisa. U are on the right track on healthy eating especially for your kids. If u want to lose 30lbs do pure cardio(running hills,stairs,jump rope) 4-5x a day.. Also srength training(weights) 5lb dumbells in pilates or yoga..or even ab exercises:) u go girl,a mom of 7 WOW what a huge blessing!! I have 3:) u two have a blessed one!
10 Jun
Lisa: wow. *bows in respect*. I love your attitude and how you actively set a healthy example!! Shanna: yes! You look great!
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 3:21pm
via iOS
I feel so at home and less self conscious about my body type when topics like curves come up. I'm 5'4....lop sided boobs, thunder thighs and prominent hips. I was always felt i looked weird cause i am short and curvy.

This year I've made a commitment to more fit and watch what I eat and it's made a difference and I like how i look.

I guess the feelings of feeling like we don't look good is our female psyche...that we have to look perfect even though I know I'm doing my best...some days i wish I was taller.
10 Jun
Way to go for going for health. And yes, it's part of being a girl to be made insecure, but I believe it's also a societal thing. Beauty should be a celebration of femininity, not a way to make each other feel insecure and much less the most important part of being a girl.
187374_1103883190_195590643_n_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 3:32pm
via Android

U don't like curvy to me :/

09 Jun
Lol you sound sad
09 Jun
I feel comfortable taking a pic of my face...
09 Jun
That was an error :D curvy women looks real and sexy
187374_1103883190_195590643_n_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 4:01pm
via Android

Ohhh I meant to say u don't look like curvy to me.. In photo.. Lol :D

09 Jun
Lol on the photo, it's half of me :p
09 Jun
Yeah . Bt Bt even half of u Dnt look curvy :P
09 Jun
Lol how I supposed to look curvy with my face? XD
09 Jun
*just not the *the
09 Jun
One can guess from face
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 4:32pm
via iOS
Well... I don't agree. It's impossible to judge a women based on just her face. Indian facial cheeks are hard to distinguish :p
09 Jun
Well may be Ur right.. Why not prove me wrong then lol :P
09 Jun
Hey...it's just observation :)
Image_thumb
75 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 4:52pm
via Android

So because I have 32AA boobs and am skinny, im not considered ultra feminine

09 Jun
There is nothing about you that says you aren't feminine. Being feminine has nothing to do with being curvy.
10 Jun
You can't turn around what I said to make it a negative remark towards you like that. Femininity is about more than cup size and you should know that. What it's about is embracing your body type. And if you're a 32aa you're what fashion is designed for.
10 Jun
And in the post I was referring to my own struggle wit exactly what you're doing now. People judged me as 'girly' in a negative way, based on my body type. Now you try to turn that around, but I wasn't judging you as less feminine based on your cup size. I have learned that those kind of judgements should not determine anything for me. They're bull. And as women we should stand tall (or, short if you happen to be short) and be positive towards ourselves, the world and other women , because we all have our own beauty,...
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 4:58pm
via iOS
I don't being curvy has just one side to it.
09 Jun
I dont understand what you are saying
09 Jun
I mean no woman looks exactly proportionate. Some of us have big boobs and big thighs or small boobs and big thighs. We are all built differently.
09 Jun
So what's the point?
09 Jun
Meaning we women shouldn't feel bad just because we don't fit in our body types. Being curvy doesn't just mean being a little "meaty" It also means big curvier in other areas like butt or hips...not just the chest area and the butt
10 Jun
I think she's saying that you don't have to fit in any type, your body is unique.
Image_thumb
122 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 6:30pm
via Android

I am curvey. That's the only thing I'm worried bout with losing weight is losing my curves. I love em! Just hate belly fat :-/ I figure that my but can't get to tiny judging size for well all my life. Lol

10 Jun
Well, that dress looks amazing on you!
Image_thumb
155 Posts
Jun 9, 2013 6:40pm
via Android

As a latin woman i dont have big boobs but i do have wide hips n butt (Puertorrican like JLo...). Any way who is perfect? Nor Cindy Crawford neither Madonna or any fitness model... there r beautiful thin ladies and beautiful curvy ladies! Jennifer Anistor is thin n beautiful. Plus model Emme is big and beautiful.. A guy friend told me once that the most attractive women r the ones who like themselves... what a better way to start than being fit?!!

09 Jun
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 10, 2013 10:12am
via iOS
You can be slender and curvy at the same time. I have a bony face and the photo emphasises that, but (also due to too small compression bra on photo) it does not show off my curves. Curvy is not about weight! If my 28F cup and 0.66 waist hip ratio isn't curvy, I don't know what is. I'm more miss Monroe body type than Kate Moss type if you get what I mean. 
I'm slender, yes, but I have trouble finding clothes because I'm shapely. I just have a really slight build, can't find rings or bracelets that fit. Or shoes, for that matter. My overall shape would stay the same but larger if I could manage to gain weight. 

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 10, 2013 10:17am
via iOS
Salman, go play in the boys room. Men don't get to judge on this topic! It's in the women's forum for a reason.
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jun 10, 2013 10:25am
via iOS
Yes! It was about embracing your body! The only body you should fit into is your own. And you're the only one who can do amazing things with it! 

And that was what this was about!
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 10, 2013 2:21pm
via iOS
I'm curvy and I'm proud I do spinning for almost 2 hours  everyday trying to get fit
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 6:19am
via iOS
I'm proud, even if it makes it difficult to find pants and shorts that fit, I wouldn't give my booty/hips up. My body is my own, and I must treat it with love. :)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 7:21am
via iOS
I have a tiny waist but a curvy booty and legs due to 16 years of soccer. It makes it difficult to find clothes that fit both my waist and butt, but I wouldn't trade it!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51