Workouts in wheelchair

6 posts | Original | Recent

275121_100004743491428_2030090643_n_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 4:00am
via Android

What workouts can i do in my wheelchair?

Image_thumb
78 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 4:43am
via Android

For arms? I know a person who is wheelchair bound that does pushups, dips, and pull ups.

05 Aug
Hope I can help more if you need any.
05 Aug
Thank you bro im going to created my workout rutines has i come up with workout. Make sure you follow me because I'll be posting. Its for everyone in wheelchairs.
05 Aug
Way to go Kenndrick. Do you have access to any free weights or machines by any chance?
05 Aug
Jason no bro im just starting tomorrow bro. Maybe God wants me to do this for his glory. God loves you.
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Aug 5, 2013 4:16pm
via iOS
Hang ropes with loops for handles. You can do wide or close arm pull ups. Find a bike path and ride hard, hit some hills that will make your arms two deadly monsters! Also if you had some one to help you put your legs up tere are plenty of ways to do push ups. And light benching. But be carefully. Start with just the bar. Good luck bud I will follow u and hope to hear you figure it all out. Fun thing about exercise is that it's always a learning experiance.
05 Aug
I like Corey's suggetions. Also from seeing my Uncle live his life in a chair, he got quite stiff and sore, so stretching is key (which he never did). Your request also got me thinking...you have lots of company out there so there must be good online ideas. A quick search found many, such as http://www.livestrong.com/article/157614-wheelchair-exercises/ God Bless and we look forward to updates.
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Sep 7, 2013 11:55pm
via iOS
I don't have any workouts for u that I can think of...I just wanted to say that I'm so glad to see ur working out and not letting anything stop u ur really an inspiration and u may not know it keep it up :)
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Sep 8, 2013 1:54am
via iOS
What is wrong with your body that you are wheel chair bound? I am asking because that will be a limitation or an area to improve upon, but most importantly, it is a risk factor which makes some exercises dangerous for you. You don't want to be any more limited in your movement than you already are! 

Also, are you able to get out of the chair on your own and get back in? Can you stand, take steps, crawl or move in any way? Can you swim and do you have access to a swimming pool? If you can't swim, are you comfortable in water holding on to something?

I know that in your situation, the parts of your body that are underused/overused/misused/abused are your spine and your butt, and your legs depending on your condition. I would start there first. And I would try stretching first to test my flexibility and learn what my limits are.

Also, since the dynamic of your body is very different while you sit, some exercises might not affect the same muscles the same way as they would affect a "pedestrian". You might hurt yourself or blow things out of proportion and end up looking awkward. I would speak to my doctor about the specific exercises I want to do before actually attempting them.
14 Sep
Yew can use Dumbells in wheelchaiir for Arm muscles .. :) you can even do shoulder stretches and all ..
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Sep 8, 2013 3:41am
via Android

If you can explain your mobility i can  give some exercises.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51