USMC

8 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 10:59am
via Android

Im planning on becoming a marine. Any good home workouts similar to what the marines do? Home only cause I'm sick

15 Oct
Spend a lot of time doing long distance runs. Its 95% of what we do for physical training and going into bootcamp with a good understanding how to do it can really help out. Pullups will be important as we knock them out before we run.. max is 20 so aim higher if possible. Do them slow and let them hurt or they won't count them. I do between 25 and 27 pullups for training.
16 Oct
Thanks for the advice. I able to do 22 pullups but cant run a lot so I will work on it
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 11:16am
via Android

when do you plan on joining ? do you wanna do the workouts to lose weight or just be prep for basic ? and when you say sick you mean like a head cold ?

15 Oct
Yuup head cold
15 Oct
I replied too. Bit new here
Icon_missing_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 11:19am
via Android

Headache and fever. Planning to join after high school. And its for force recon basic

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 11:43am
via Android

so how.long till you grad?

15 Oct
3 years. Im physically toned but I just suck at cardio which is in the test
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 12:14pm
via Android

and you say you wanna go recon ? please dont take this the wrong way you it calls for more then just being toned its also a mental thing and yes they ask for alot of physical strength n doing ... where do you live ? cause i know some gyms give help in that , meaning getting ready for basic

15 Oct
Im in singapore cause of my dads job.
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 4:47pm
via Android

Grab the biggest backpack, put stuff in it (no more then 25lbs at first), gradually increase the weight as you go along. Go for a fast paced 1 to 5 mile hike at least once a week.

Icon_missing_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 7:08am
via Android

Will do that today and thanks

16 Oct
Cardio and endurance is huge. Biggest thing is to learn to push past the mental blocks. I am sure you have heard the saying that your mind will fail you long before your body will. Once you have done all you can possibly do of any exercise do 10 more ... Then a couple more. Keep pushing and best of luck to you.
16 Oct
Thanks, i have always wanted to be a marine and I vowed dat I will become a marine and will he
16 Oct
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 11:24am
via Android

Not a problem. Btw Marines run 3 miles for our pft bit don't worry too much about it. Not everyone can or have ever even attempted it before joining. Drill instructors will make sure that you are in the best shape of your life.

16 Oct
Already did it lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51