A Beginner's abs questions

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 10:24pm
via iOS
Hey I'm new to this site and also just recently started going to to the gym, what's a good excerisise or work out routine to get a six pack fast?
Image_thumb
91 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 10:35pm
via Android

Try these they aren't to hard but they make you work. Remember exercise is only part of it. You gotta eat right to make your future pack show.

HELLO Abs!!!

Nothing but Abs Challenge

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 10:36pm
via iOS
What kinda foods should I avoid eating?
Image_thumb
143 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 10:36pm
via Android

Abs take a while to get depending on you workout I would do planks situps crunches sidr plank six inches ofg the floor leg raises (left middle right) there are more but those are basic examples and u might not get a six pack you might get a four or two pack at first 

Image_thumb
91 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 10:38pm
via Android

Anything with alot of fat. Like some burgers and almost all fast-food places. Everyones diet routine is different. So figure out what works best you. Sorry but that's ask I can help with. Good Luck. I'm working on a pack just like you.

Image_thumb
143 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 10:38pm
via Android

Junk food frozen items fast food pizza is ok if just cheese and nothing else those are s couple things you should aviod eating

Image_thumb
143 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 10:44pm
via Android

S very good way to get abs is do martial arts or kickboxing it focuses mainly on your whole body not just your abs so you build strength in your whole body 

Image_thumb
116 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 10:59pm
via Android

The key to is low body fat % but some great workouts are crunches for upper leg lifts for lower and Russian twists for love handles. Some great workouts on here are Core the Pilates Way, Core Abs & Stretches, Autumn Abs, and Mid-Section Drill. Hope this helps

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 11:16pm
via Android
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 11:27pm
via Android

The biggest challenge for abs is getting your body fat percentage down low enough.

Google image "body fat percentage abs" there's a good image you'll find of different body fat levels.

Eat clean. All natural when you can. mostly vegetables. Lean proteins like chicken, fish, egg. one or two servings (whole grain if you can) carbs per day. Some fruits. A snack of nuts. No sugar. No fried food. No liquid calories like soda, sports drinks, juice, or coffee drinks.

From what I recently read, whether you get a four pack or six pack is just up to your genes...

Core exercises are important too, for so many reasons, but they don't really help you get the fat off very effectively. Cardio: jumprope, jumping jacks, burpees, running, jogging, hell, walking is good for burning calories cuz you can easily do it for like two hours. Anything that gets you moving more helps toward that body fat goal.

consider monitoring your calories. Get a tracking app.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 11:35pm
via Android

What everyone else said, plus you can workout your core indirectly while using dumbells for other body parts. Your body is constantly using your core to stabilize, so next time you want to do some Dumbell presses, for example, try doing one arm at a time while bracing your core.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51