Would running Track be good or bad for bodybuilding gains?

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 5:35am
via iOS
I gain muscle and fat very easily. But I can keep my fat minimal with veryy clean diet.
But I was wondering would running track restrict my calories too much and not have enough to get full gains, or would it be good.
Pros? Cons?
Would carrying around a bag of almonds/walnuts/sunflower seeds be enough?
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 6:52am
via iOS
To bodybuild you need to lift weights, sslight and occasional running is okay but if you do track you risk getting slim an lanky id know I'm a cross country runner
Image_thumb
53 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 7:01am
via Android

Bodybuilding as human body process can be very tough for heart,especially when we use big weights,and best medicine for it is running! Running is good for condition,healthy,good for vascularity and motoric,great for muscle building and fat shredding(sprint),it regulates metabolism etc ... Running is apsolutely great for every phase of bodybuilding,just you must choose right discipline.

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 11:53am
via iOS
Most bodybuilders, when doing cardio to keep weight down, stick to HIIT workouts of around 10mins. Sprint intervals is good for torching calories but maintaining muscle
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 2:32am
via iOS
Thanks everyone!!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 5:07am
via Android

If you run regularly along with bodybuilding u will loose your muscle weight as well..

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 3:01pm
via Android

I'm a girl in the men's locker room

Image_thumb
160 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 3:54am
via Android

Run with a weight vest u become stronger n faster oh make sure u run with perfectform

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Apr 16, 2014 3:03am
via iOS
You can run but it must be a long distance I  suggest   farlic training or 150mtr sprints over a time with a recovery time also that way your not breaking down your muscle but you are making it work hard ., the bigger you get the slower will become in yur track thts just a fact muscle weights more then fat :)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 17, 2014 2:15am
via Android

I do high school soccer and we run with the cross country and track teams, big and muscular doesn't always mean slow, a kid weighs 250lbs on the team and has a 4.9 40 meter dash. But over time your body will produce chemicals making you thinner but if you'd lift weights on every other day for instance you can maintain a good muscular build but still improve in running.

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Apr 17, 2014 6:43pm
via Android

Woah there guys it's fine if you run track as long as your not doing long distance. I haven't seen any decrease in gains and I run the 100m/200m/400m and 4x1 on occasion

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51