Pull ups

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
481 Posts
Mar 13, 2014 3:18pm
via Android

I'm working on the samething...there are many methods.. a good routine to help up tht rep count... 4 sets to failure with weight (weather using a weighted vest or belt u can add plates to or even a backpack) last set take the weight off and go to failure again... then do 3 sets no added weight using negative reps try lowering yourself for 6 count and thn explode back up all 3 sets to failure ... thn 2 sets regular reps to failure.... buying a resistance band is a good investment after completing those sets it should be impossible for you to complete one rep by adding a resistance band it decreases ur bodyweight (u probably knw tht) and can add 1 more set to failure...keep the rest between sets to a minimum and train as intense as u can... try ths routine every other day..oneĀ  week on and using ur regular RoutineĀ  the next week thn repeat ths routine again... try it and see what happens

13 Mar
@ thanks Hannah weighted backpack-; totally slipped;- have a this
13 Mar
@sorry good day
13 Mar
Welcome :-) u have a good day to
Image_thumb
88 Posts
Mar 13, 2014 5:17pm
via Android

5 sets of 20 too start

13 Mar
Thanx James
1116689_100006431447963_837784932_n_thumb
42 Posts
Mar 13, 2014 10:20pm
via Android

I hate pull ups. My father tells me in hi school he did 1 handed pull ups! Also 1 handed FINGER TIP push ups!

Image_thumb
88 Posts
Mar 13, 2014 11:39pm
via Android

It's hard but it is possible

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Mar 14, 2014 4:59am
via Android

Reps are not more important than results....

14 Mar
U can't get results without reps....its all bout training...
14 Mar
Good call Hannah.
14 Mar
If you not doing 10 sets of 10, CORRECT FORM, no weight needed...
14 Mar
For a time tht is true but your body only provides a certain amount of resistance ... unless ur gaining massive amounts of weight (and it would be bodyfat because ur not gonna put slabs of muscle on using bodyweight exercises) ur gonna hit a plateau... yes correct form is important not just in pullups but every exercise... yes time under tension works and sloppy form isnt gonna get results weight or no weight ... but if form is good and u can bust out 10 reps and you want to go to twenty reps adding weight is a great...
Image_thumb
136 Posts
Mar 14, 2014 4:04pm
via Android

Wide grip being most effective..

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Mar 14, 2014 4:06pm
via Android

Im not saying dont add weight, im just saying thats not always the safe and first answer to everything....

14 Mar
Point taken...if your new to pullups or physical training at all...learning correct form is essential... physiologically speaking...you can't keep doing the samething an exspect to keep getting results... I sure wouldn't recommend someone new to bodybuilding to put 200lbs on the bar and go for it... 1) chances are he want be able to lift it 2) he could get hurt.... but eventully he will have to add weight and their are hundreds of training principles out there to utilize .... keeping it intense and training hardcore =results.... but form first and always train wisely and safely we agree on...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51