Pull ups

12 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 9, 2014 12:08pm
via Android

Ive been trying to do my pull ups for a few week now and I cant even do one anyone got anything that mught help me???

09 Apr
Exercise bands might help..
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 9, 2014 12:45pm
via Android

Negative pull ups will help. Also assisted pull ups. With a band or contra weight.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 9, 2014 5:29pm
via Android

Ive been doing thos but im not seeing any results... any other suggestions???

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 9, 2014 7:24pm
via Android

Just hang on it for about 45 sec to a min...also negatives or jump up and hold in a pull up position as long as long as you can.

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 9, 2014 8:32pm
via Android

Do other back exercises. Deadlifts and some rowes for example

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 11, 2014 7:35am
via Android

Use a chair to do assisted pull ups. Put one foot on the chair and push yourself up with you leg just enough to complete the pull up. Eventually you won't need the chair.

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Apr 12, 2014 3:19am
via Android

Try doing pullups on a low bar, leaning back with your feet on the ground, at various heights and angles. These are also called inverted rows. I couldn't do more than one pullup and I used these, and negative pullups, where you jump up to the top and lower yourself down, to get to the point where I can do multiple sets of up to six pullups now.

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Apr 12, 2014 5:12pm
via iOS
Keep trying .. Its one of the most hardest exercise so dont think it will come by a month ! It took me 5 months to give pull up perfectly
Image_thumb
47 Posts
Apr 12, 2014 5:55pm
via Android

I say try another exercise like pushups for awhile. Then go back to pull ups

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 14, 2014 12:29pm
via iOS
I started with one pull-up,rested 30-45 seconds,then did 1 pull-up and rested 30-45 seconds. I made sure it was a good pull-up then just did one. First 3 sets,then 5 sets then 10 sets. I was lazy but I stuck with it. It took a while, like 5-6 weeks but finally I can do 8-10 GOOD pull-ups. I'm saying, do what u can and build from there.
Image_thumb
18 Posts
May 28, 2014 3:22am
via Android

I may need sum help here...
I bought a pullup bar 1 and half months back...been trying to do a pullup since...I knw it takes time to learn to do a pullup but can't seem to pull myself up...I have to jump a bit to pull myself nd even after coming down can't pull up again...have to jump up again to do a pullup...
So I started holding myself at the highest point for a couple of seconds (like 10-15 seconds), go slow down on the negative nd again jump up to repeat holding on the top...can repeat for about 5-10 times till I really start feeling my lats, arms nd core...I also do 20 or so pulse ups, like extremely short pullups only bending my arms a bit, without jumping...I try doing this entire routine 2-3 times a day, like morn afternoon night, but just can't seem to go any further...
Yes, I have seen lots of improvements in my arms nd back...but wanna do a proper pullups...suggestions are most welcome...

29 May
Maybe you're doing a bit too much. Once a day should be more than enough. Take a day off once a week too. Sounds like you're doing the exercises right.
Image_thumb
18 Posts
May 30, 2014 2:08am
via Android

Ohh yaa I do take a day off...nd regards to multiple reps a day...that's bcoz my pullup workout takes about just 5 mins wic I feel isn't that great...so just try to increase my pullup count...
But thanx buddy...more suggestions in case I need to change sumthing or add sumthing I'm all ears...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51