Medicine and fitness... Wanna know anything about them?.. Do ask..

25 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 22, 2014 1:32pm
via Android

Any issues with the body health or medicine u have been taking?.. Ask here... Will be duly answered..

22 Jul
Experiencing pain near armpits and back, need advice
22 Jul
Overdid an workout or just started after after a long break...?
22 Jul
22 Jul
Okk.. Would have been a day or two since u did the workout?..
22 Jul
Image_thumb
231 Posts
Jul 22, 2014 1:59pm

Can you go help that guy that says like need help or something like that, he says he's feeling pain.

22 Jul
Ya sure..
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 22, 2014 9:10pm
via Android

I started jogging to reduce weight...is it sufficient or to do some other exercise...my weight is 85 kg and want to reduce 20 kg

22 Jul
Whats you height and age?
23 Jul
Age 23 and height 5'6" inches.
23 Jul
I am having excess fat on my stomach and butts
Image_thumb
137 Posts
Jul 22, 2014 11:01pm
via iOS
Is a one day fast a week really as beneficial as everyone says it is?
22 Jul
Actually the research is still going on this subject.. According to one theory fasting for a day helps the body get rid of waste end products and free radicals from the body that are harmful to the cells. But a study conducted on 68 people fasting once a week showed no such thing. And the results are contradicting in different studies. The Research is still going on. But its very necessary to maintain a healthy diet throughout your week. Eating junk the whole week and then fasting for 1day will not help anyone in any sense.
Image_thumb
397 Posts
Jul 23, 2014 1:05am
via iOS
do KT tape really work ?
23 Jul
Kt tapes were actually designed for support of a joint (ankle or knee or shoulder) .. But now a days it is also being used for support of trunk muscles.. So how does it actually works..... It does not allow the excessive stretching of muscle or joint.. It is useful in cases who have had history of repetitive dislocation of joint(especially ankle joint-used by soccer players) or in history of excessive muscle stretch (like in quads or latissmus dorsi). Hope that clears ur doubt. :)
23 Jul
Thanks because on the map they have me with the tape , it basically have everywhere covered with the tape
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 23, 2014 4:27am
via Android

Follow me for more.. :)

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 23, 2014 8:09am
via Android

@Vickey.. Your BMI is nearly 30... Normal values should be between 19 and 24.... Its very good that you have started thinking of loosing weight... Now let me tell u whats with the exercise and loosing weight... See there are three forms of stored energy in the body.. Glucose glycogen and fats... See when u exercise..  U use glucose and glycogen from the body..  U get tired and eat something and thus u replenish the used glucose and glycogen.. But what happens in the process is that the fats remains unused...  So now the question is when would it be used.. These fats acts like a reserves to be used at the time of crisis..  Now what is a crisis for the body?... There is 2 types of crisis- Either body needs more glucose (as at the time of exercise)  or there is decreased glucose(carb)  intake (as at the time of fasting)...  So what body does is, it use the fats to get energy needed to drive the body... Thus the person loose fat.. Now coming to ur question..  By intense jogging for 10 min we loose approx. 100 kcal of energy..  Note: I wrote "intense"...  And this amount of energy can be replenished easily by only one cup of icecream.. So what u need is to spend extra amount of energy so that body is forced to use that fat of yours to get the energy.Now the question is how is this done.Create crisis in ur body.. Exercise more and eat less carbs.. Note:i wrote eat "less" carbs(not totally omit them)... You have to balance ur diet... You will certainly loose weight..                

23 Jul
Thanks manmeet..:-)
23 Jul
One of my friend suggested me to eat only white eggs for a week. White eggs will give me more protien with less calorie intake
23 Jul
Eating only white eggs with daily exercise....is it going to work??
23 Jul
Welcome... U can refer to my topic of proteins supplements if you want...
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 24, 2014 3:13pm
via iOS
My shoulder has been hurting real bad it feel like it's pulling. Any stretches or what should I do??
25 Jul
Hello bailey.. Happy to hear from u... U should go through my another topic on exercise and rest.. Hope it would help.. Any queries then do ask me.... And dont forget to follow me for more...
Image_thumb
115 Posts
Jul 29, 2014 4:02am
via Android

If I need to be in 'critical' condition so I can burn the fat, not the carb only, is it better to workout while fasting or before breakfast ?

29 Jul
@Aam.. Thanks for the reply... U can see my topic on dieting and loosing weight... It will surely answer ur questions... For more queries, do ask me... For more updates follow me..
29 Jul
Clicking joints oki so every time I do arm exercise my joints keep clicking is it oki to continue or is this bad it does not hurt just sounds bad I'm 24 female
29 Jul
Thanks. Just read the topic :)
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jul 29, 2014 5:01am
via Android

Sorry I posted my question in the last question by mistake

29 Jul
Sounds like from ur shoulder joint?
29 Jul
Yes
29 Jul
And sound comes when u extend ur arms backwards?
29 Jul
Backwards and forwards
29 Jul
Ok.. Its actually called physiological dislocation... Our shoulder have a cuff of muscles, ligament and tendons which keep our humerus(arm) bone in the cup of your shoulder bone... When this cuff becomes lax, the ball of humerus comes out of the cup cavity.. In some people it usually occurs after some earlier trauma(its painfull) ... But it some people it occurs from birth(painless) .... In this dislocation its very difficult to do the extension exercises.. Because of which the back muscles is difficult to build.. But by regular exercise the cuff gets stronger and one can increase the intensity of...
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 30, 2014 1:02pm
via Android

@Sk.. Yes it can... In low thyroid levels..  Due to cardiac failure there may be pulmonary effusion meaning there can be fluid accumulation in lungs.. Which can cause cough...  But it occurs in severe cases..

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Jul 30, 2014 10:01pm
via Android

I was wondering if I need to lose weight. I'm 5 ft 7 (estimation) and 123 lbs. Is that good?

31 Jul
Hey Deniella.. Good to see u are concerned about ur health... According to ur height and weight, your BMI is approx. 25... Which is just above normal (19 to 24)... So i will not recommend loosing too much weight but you have to do some regular exercise and eat healthy... Dont gain weight... U can loose 2 to 3 pounds easily in a month if you exercise regularly.. And it will be perfect... :).. ........ Any further doubt then do ask me... Dont forget to follow me for more updates... :)
300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 7:09am
via Android

Hello Mr. Manmeat,

Simple question, what qualifies you to provide answers to our questions? I'm not trying to offend you or get into an argument. I am curious as to where will you be basing your information off of.

31 Jul
Hey Lee.... Happy to hear from u.. I am actually a student of medicine.. I will graduate this year.. My keen interest is in sports medicine.. So i prefer studying and researching in that aspect... It's pathophysiology anatomy, biochemistry, pharmacology, surgery and medicine.. All my answers are based upon whatever the research has been done and whatever is going on.. Hope that clears ur doubt.. And waiting to hear from u.. :)
31 Jul
Hello there. I read some of your stuff. And I found it...interesting. The one about exercise and rest. Where you told that if you don't rest you will get something that is called 'muscle atrophy'. Atrophy by definition is a wasting away of an organ or tissue due to nerve damage or lack of physical stimulation or malnutrition. You can not get atrophy from exercising 7 days in a row or for longer. You will however fatigue your muscles making you prone to gym relates injuries. And the constant stress may weaken your immune system making you prone to
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 9:12am
via Android

Hello there. I read some of your stuff on here. And I found it...interesting

The One about exercise and rest. You told that one could end up with muscle atrophy if enough rest wasn't given after working out for x number of days. Atrophy by definition is a wasting away of on organ or tissue or muscle due to nerve damage or lack of physical stimulation or malnutrition. You cannot get atrophy if you've worked out for a week straight. You will however fatigue your mind and body making you more prone to injury stemming from improper form. Your immune system may temporarily weaken from the constant stress making you vulnerable to infections. And a lot of of other problems. Atrophy not being one of them.

And then there was this person who asked you about a painless clicking shoulder joint, whenever she worked out her shoulders. And you told her that she had a dislocated shoulder. That one was...yeah. When you dislocate your shoulder you can't move your arm much less exercise your shoulder without being in excruciating pain. I have a clicking knee joint and its painless. And I assure you its not dislocated. You should've told her to consult a doctor, if there was a limited range of motion, swelling or pain.

I know your intentions are in the right place but please better your research.
Since this is a fitness forum, false information can be very misleading and potentially have very dangerous consequences. People are being trusting when they ask for advice, the least you could do is give back accurate information.

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 11:31am
via Android

@Faisel...Its good to have someone debate on my answers..  But i always find some easier way to explain to my readers so that they can understand it nicely.. Let me explain.... Actually before searching google for "muscle atrophy"  you should have searched for only "Atrophy"... I used the term in context of explaining that the muscle contraction will eventually decrease due to "non repair" and "muscle bleed"...  U should have read the whole topic because i used the term just to explain how the muscles get damaged...
. .
And for that topic of shoulder dislocation... The pathology i was referring was "Positional Non-traumatic dislocations"... So i just copied something for u... (Some people can dislocate their shoulders without any form or history of trauma. Some may have started out dislocating their shoulder as a party trick; others may have always had shoulders that just 'fall' out of joint. This type of dislocation is usually PAINLESS. Both shoulders are typically involved. The cause of this type of dislocation is usually a result of what we call 'abnormal muscle patterning' which means the strong muscles around the shoulder joint are not working in the correct order causing them to pull the shoulder out of joint with active movement in the particular direction such as lifting the arm forward above the head or out to the side and above the head.)... May be it will clear ur doubts...
. Its good that u did some research on stress and immunity too... Yaa its very well true..  That strenous exercise lead to decreased immunity.. But the research paper on this topic also states that "Task and recovery periods for both acute psychological stress or strenous exercise show biphasic changes in immune response such that immune status is negatively impacted during recovery."....and not during the task... So its contradicting on your part...
And the same goes for u...  I know your intensions are right place..  But please better ur own research since this is a fitness forun, faulse and "INCOMPLETE"  knowledge is often misleading and potentialy have dangerous concequences.  People are being trusting when they ask for advice, the least you can do is UPDATING WITH THE RIGHT INFORMATION........ 
NO OFFENCE....

31 Jul
And any more mistakes in "terminology" will be duly noted from now on..
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 12:23pm
via Android

Alright. This will be my lastdiscussion on this.

1. Atrophy -  diminution of tissue due to lack of nutrition, movement and or nerve damage.

If you've come across somewhere that says atrophy - muscle damage due to unrest then fine.

But I don't see it.

2. The dislocations. I wasn't saying I was right. The best thing you could have said was for that person was ask them to consult a doctor or a physician.

Having said that, I don't care if you're right or not. The point I was trying to make is...being in an online forum, no matter how extensive your knowledge maybe, is not the right way to diagnose somebody. Of course your opinion is valid. But that's where you have to draw the line. To give an opinion. Always tell people to check their information. Get a second opinion. Get CERTIFIED help.

The fact that you, a student, are inviting people ONLINE to ask you about medical related issues is not the right thing to do.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

31 Jul
Just to elaborate...the fact that you're representing yourself as the go to guy for medical and fitness issues, you can't afford to be wrong.
31 Jul
Ya i understand fullywell which situation is pretty dangerous for somebody and which is not.. So maybe you should have a thorough look at my topics because i have asked the "dangerous situation" patient to consult a doctor......... And that is what i do.. Help them..
31 Jul
Congratulations! You have more, officially, lost the ability to see the bigger picture.
31 Jul
Thanks for your amateur support... :D..
06 Aug
Hey I don't care if ur 'certified' yet or not. Its good practice for u and we get to learn something from what u already know . All the other posts are for amateurs at least u know a lot more :)
300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Aug 1, 2014 7:28am
via Android

Thank you so much for your timely responds Manmeat.

You will be my go to guy when it comes to unanswered question I may have.

And to start of, my first question is this. I get the idea and the principal but why do athletes jump into a pool of ice water after a game? Like I said, I understand the reason but any insight and further explanation on this behavior? Is it safe for an average Joe like myself to do? Or what precautions should I take if I do partake on such torture.

Once again, thanks.

02 Aug
Truely sry for the late reply... But it was a new subject for me and i had to go deeply through many research papers... It was an important question.. (I thank you for that) ... So i decided i would post it in a new topic... You can go through that... For any other queries on it then you can ask me..
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Aug 3, 2014 5:58pm
via Android

Oh ok. Thanks for the advice

Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 3, 2014 10:40pm
via Android

I have small kidney stones but I want to work out and get fit, is there anything that I should avoid? I know that I have to hydrate a lot, a lot of arcticles say that too much and too little activity is bad for kidney stones, do you have any advice? Thanks in advance!

1937441_662018573878600_6217877462960775591_n_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 3, 2014 11:53pm
via Android

Im at the age of 13 and I wanna be fit and healthy from now on so how many days a week do I need to exercise?

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Aug 6, 2014 7:22pm
via Android

Hello manmeet..its really cool ur trying to help out people.
I have a question. .Are sore muscles a day or two after a workout a sign you are not eating enough protein because they didn't get the nutrients to repair? 

Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 4:13am
via Android

Hi! I have a question. The hormones like cortisol, insuline, GH, glucagon makes a difference when you work out ? And with this situation is better to work out in the morning of in the night ???

Sep 7, 2014 6:41am
via Android

My question is that:
I'm 55 kg and 177cm height.
How to get some kg and what foods I should eat for get healty kg?
Thanks.

Image_thumb
231 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 4:15am
via Android

Does everybody need to, if not, then most likely have to pass on kidney stones. Eventually in your life, if so at what age.

08 Sep
Eventually in your life, but like at what age?
08 Sep
It all depends, you can have kidney stones and never pass them. I passed my first stone a month ago and I'm 24...
Image_thumb
108 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 5:52am
via Android

Who are you

16 Sep
He's awesome...and not here :(

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51