Shins be hurting!!!!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Aug 1, 2014 2:57pm
via Android

What is the cause of splint shins or what ever it's called. When u do a fast walk and your legs and shins start to kill you then you have to drag your feet after. there's days where it don't happen and days where it's right away

01 Aug
I read once shin splints and many other running injuries only came about when trainers was invented by Nike .. some research was done and found trainers are no good for us and in response Nike invented Free range and other companies brought out sock type shoes like Vibram
01 Aug
So your saying maybe the shoes are what causes it?
01 Aug
Well I read this I cant prove it..but I did used to get shin splints walking to the shops. .. I use Nike Free in gym anyway as they are lighter and more flexible the Vibram are supposed to be better but look a bit naff to me.
01 Aug
I ask because I walk to work and back home a lot. And there will be days where I'm like speedy Gonzalez and can walk quick. Then there's days where the shins start to hurt and it's terrible. Untill i get home and stop walking. I can't figure it out.
01 Aug
I feel your pain as I used to do the same...other than trainers issue it would be intresting what the runners on here say
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 16, 2014 5:55am
via Android

I'm a track runner I do sprints and hurdles let me tell you shin splints are the worst things in the world the hardest to avoid and the hardest to recover from shin splints are caused by running a lot or jumping or hurdling, when doing these activities your shin absorbs the shock from your feet hitting the ground and that's why it hurts to stand and walk etc. And really the only cure is ice, personally during track season I had permanent shin splints cause I had to run 5 days a week and but usually theyd stop being intolerable during the weekend however it can help if you get better shoes, it won't totally prevent it but it'll help reduce the severity also trying running on grass or a track you're more likely to get them if you run on pavement

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Aug 16, 2014 7:31am
via Android

More potassium and lots of water... and stretch!!!

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Aug 16, 2014 9:06am
via Android

MobRx for Shin Splints | Feat. Kelly Starrett | E…: http://youtu.be/ofhKZ-cmSt4

16 Aug
Dont know if it opens but he gives some good and easy things you can do
16 Aug
Doesnt open. Just youtube the name of the video
15 Sep
Buy better shoes can help to

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51