140lbs 5'11 in need of some advice

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 22, 2014 3:57am
via Android

Im 15 yrs old and new to the concept of working out. I'm about 5'10-5'11, 140lbs so I'm fairly lanky in general. I'm not sure if i should try and bulk up first or if i should just immediately jump into working out. And if i should just start working out is there any specific area i should work on first? Any tips would be great.

22 Aug
I'm no por, but problably just start to work out, no use getting out of shape first.
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Aug 22, 2014 6:54am
via Android

You're only fifteen I wouldn't recommend bulking up just now since you're growing. Just start working out like play football or swim run or whatever.get in shape you have alot of time to bulk up later

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 22, 2014 9:27am
via iOS
Hi Dominick! I have a son the same age as you and is very tall and lanky  
As you are new you working out, I would say start off with building fitness and flexibility first. A big issue for taller people can be flexibility, so include some yoga into your workouts.That way you will build a good foundation to prevent injury. There are lots of cardio and flexibility workouts on here to get you started! You could also try workouts that mix bouts of cardio and weights, but start relatively light. The main thing to remember is FORM......make sure you are doing exercises correctly, an injury at your age could give you lots of problems down the line. If you know someone who has experience, workout together, or ask them to make sure your form is correct.
Because of your age (lots of testosterone!) you will see results pretty quickly, which will keep you motivated 
Good luck!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51