Running Backs FootBall

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 14, 2014 3:11am
via Android

I am 5'8 10th grade 180 pounds African American.... I started to workout over the summer and I began to lose weight and build muscle .....I am a sporty person I play middle linebacker in football I can also throw the ball and im quick on my feet but im not fast overall....I know that quarterbacks are tall.. defense usually are tall also... so I realize that most running backs are 5"10 5"11 in nfl and ncaa ....so now I wanna play running back because I realize I have a good shot with my work habits....I also notices that ever since I was little I have had huge thighs....so I was going to put that to an advantage ... I bench press 165 and squat 315 yes 315 and I could go higher...so WITH THAT INFORMATION I WANNA KNOW WHAT AREAS SHOULD I TARGET TO PLAY RUNNING BACK and also for speed I was looking into my lower abs workout for more contraction when running....I also notice when working out I have trouble lifting thighs with lower abs .....im already a little fast for my size though

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Oct 14, 2014 3:21am
via iOS
Quick feet drills, sprinting and put more clean size on
14 Oct
Wym bye put more clean size on
17 Oct
Like mass gain with as little fat gain as possible ,
Image_thumb
201 Posts
Oct 15, 2014 4:49pm
via Android

By "clean size" I think he means you will put size on but won't actually make you feel heavier, so you won't lose speed. Explosive workouts should be your main thing, so if you were squatting try lowing down slow and shooting up fast as possible. Footwork ladder drills will help and if you don't know any there are videos on YouTube.

17 Oct
Thanks... I will definatly start to do explosion workouts for my power and speed I will also start doing the ladder drill for footwork ...thanks for the information
Icon_missing_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 15, 2014 4:58pm
via Android

Division one running g back are bench pressing over 300lbs and sqauting a minimum of 400lbs.

17 Oct
My max bench press is 195 and squat is 325 so I will hope to be around that area or past it in my college years
Icon_missing_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 15, 2014 8:45pm
via Android

I just talked to the starting running back for the university of new mexico and he says his max for bench is 415. He is squatting 550. He is powercleaning 275. And he is dead lifting 500lbs. Keep up the good work.

17 Oct
I will do my best to build up to or past that in my life....I hope to bench at least 240 by my 11th grade year ....thanks for the information
17 Oct
And squat 400
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 17, 2014 6:09pm
via Android

I will try and build up to or past that I bench 195 and squat 315 hope to ne squating past 400 by my 11th grade year and benching past 240

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51