Dumbbell bench press

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 11:04pm
via Android

Well I've been working out since about two weeks now I've been doing the standard bench press with the barbell, but I did dumbbell bench press today and got negative feedback for the exercise from the "big guys" saying that it will ruin my chest and this exercise is only for monsters not even for them. All that I have read on the Internet is in contrary. Any help would be appreciated please

Image_thumb
50 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 11:34pm
via Android

Lmao that's like saying heavy weights are for Steroid Jacks Freaks. Unless you had a bad form and had no clue on what part of your chest your working. Then those negative feedbacks are just another way of keeping a little gut from transforming. Another before you do any exercise know what it will work on. Have a vision what u want to look like and what u have to do they get there.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 11:34pm
via Android

Dumbell bench press is great for your chest. Especially if you don't have a spotter. I usually do a drop set Incline dumbell bench press as my finisher on chest day.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 11:38pm
via Android

Yes that's exactly what I said to them, that tell me if my form is incorrect or something and yeah I know that they are for my lower chest.. right?

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 12:24am
via Android

That guys a retard, dumbell bench press is one of the best exercise you can do in my opinion it is highly more affective than barbell bench press, reason being because it isolates your muscles giving you a better edge to gain that mass and its also way easier for doing drop sets, all you gotta do is always make sure you form is good. If you need help on proper form go to bodybuilding.com there's plenty articles on how to have proper form.

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 7:29pm
via iOS
This is why some guys should not be allowed to talk at the gym... What a load of absolute bullshit! Just don't go too heavy so you don't sacrifice form & totally ignore absolute morons like that.. I get all sorts of funny looks at the gym with some of the workout programs I do but they're always off bodybuilding.com or fully researched to get different results. Use reputable websites like bodybuilding.com and you can't go wrong.. I'll bet those guys at the gym do the same weight on the bech press every week, every month, every year, every decade..

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51