Fitting in exercise around children/family

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 8:44pm
via Android

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how they fit exercise in at home when they have young kids/family life to manage. At the moment I'm either doing it quite late at night or trying to do it early evening and getting a bit of a moan from the missus.

How do you fit your workouts in?

I go running when I'm at work so that's less of a challenge.

Al

03 Feb
Before they wake up:)))
03 Feb
I've gots two babies 1yr old and a 7month old when they sleep I'm like keep going before they wake up seriously I'm tense all the time with them its hard being 21 with two fatties
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 9:25pm
via Android

I've thought about doing it in the morning but I have loads of energy in the evening so would take some work to switch it round. I know what you mean about going fast when they go to sleep! Ours are always waking up through the evening :)

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 10:28pm
via Android

I allow my 3 yr old to join in on my workouts. Her form is usually nothing like what the prompts are telling us to do, but she has fun trying to keep up with me.

04 Feb
I loved working out with my mom when I was little.
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 11:22pm
via Android

Yeah I have to work around my family life. I have a 3 year old and a wife. I usually workout around 9 pm. I do quick exercises in the morning, my 3 year old son joins in. On my days off I hit the gym around noon. My gym has a daycare. It's balance I have had to learn.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 4, 2015 12:04am
via Android

I try to do exercises under 30mins as my 2 year is playing near by.  Sometimes I include her by dancing, lunging, squat, etc with her( well she tries at least, lol).

Ricardo_set2011_thumb
1 Post
Feb 4, 2015 1:41am
via Android

Only way I've been more or less successful was by choosing workouts lasting 15 minutes or less, shortly before regular bath time, when my wife keeps an eye on both our kids. Working out every single day is thus possible and the cumulative progress shows.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 4, 2015 1:44am
via Android

I'm right there with you.  Just finished my workout tonight. 

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 4, 2015 3:14pm
via Android

I really like the idea of getting your kids involved. Might even stop my 5 year old running around like a lunatic for 20 minutes!

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 4, 2015 8:23pm
via Android

I reckon if u can do little bits often, especially stretching exercises the kids will get use to it and will soon be saying " daddy's exercising again so he can grow to be big and strong"

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51