Muay Thai vs taekwondo

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 9:49pm
via iOS
What is better?
What is a good work out if I want to do Muay Thai?
What is a good work out if I want to do taekwondo?
12 Feb
Tae-kwondo would be excellent for flexibility, body coordination, muscle memory. Lots of pads and most moves thrown at 25%-50% strength, lots of pads. Muay Thai would be more of a body conditioning and hardening, lots of endurance. Most moves at 50%-75% strength. Either would be good for exercise and self defense. My personal opinion is that Muay Thai will get you there faster, Tae-kwondo will get you there safer.
12 Feb
Thanks Grant. If I did Muay Thai what would be a good work out to do
10 Mar
Muay Thai
10943034_392236957609487_313726133082752092_n_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 12, 2015 12:43am
via Android

Anything muay tai

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 12, 2015 12:59am
via iOS
Have u done Muay Thai
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Feb 12, 2015 3:57pm
via Android

Both are equally good martial arts.

Anyone who says different doesn't know anything, for the simple reason any disaplined martial artist would respect other arts.

Some taekwondo dojos are geared around tournaments like olympics labelled sport Taekwondo which will be mainly kicks which is high intensity as you cant really punch in tournament as such...a waste if you want for self defense great for fitness so check you learn full taekwondo!

Muay Thai is very much like kickboxing which is not usually as disaplined so imo not as intense training but usefull for self defense as it simulates real life more.

Choice is yours....I have done both and now do tatsu style kickboxing.

12 Feb
What is tatsu
12 Feb
Stands for dragon style..more traditional form of kickboxing...people like to make up their own styles for a bit of fame...I forgot to mention there are no patterns/forms in muay thai so saves you have to learn them, but you advance through strengh, stamina and techniques.
12 Feb
I have not heard of tatsu before that's cool. And any exercise you would recommend
12 Feb
Made up another comment with workouts... :-)
12 Feb
Yup thanks
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 12, 2015 8:07pm
via iOS
I have dome taekwondo before but I have not done it for awhile and I I am interested in Muay Thai and I agree with what you said about respecting other martial arts.
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Feb 12, 2015 8:52pm
via Android

This is my usual martial arts warm up/workout before I even start the class..

Kickboxing/Martial Arts Warm up

These are also good workouts to do at home..

Just Shadow Boxing
Shadow Boxing (ec)
Skipping
HIIT KICKBOXING by PlayFit365
Cardio Fight Club HIIT

And lasty every night do this (only 4 mins)...
Every Night Of The Week Challenge

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Feb 12, 2015 8:54pm
via Android

Also follow a guy called Mario P Canel on here... who creates amazing martial arts workouts.

...and also has many motivational quotes to keeps you focused.

12 Feb
How can I find him and thanks for the help
12 Feb
Check my profile he just liked a workout I did, you can click on his name or look through the people I follo for his name....Can't link profiles.
12 Feb
Ok thanks you have helped a lot

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51