The case of the epic sneeze

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 8:46pm
via iOS
So a few days ago a few hour after a hardy exercise I sneezed and sprained something in my back/shoulder/neck and the pain has been intense. It's keeping me from my routine and it's been really demotavating. Any suggestions or has anyone been through similar situations?
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 9:16pm
via Android

I had situation like that few years ago, also from sneezing...what helped me back there was rest for about 10 days, with very little spine movement,mostly lying, and some pain killers/relax drugs. It was very frustrating not being able to do anything, but I think it's the best you can do if you're not medical expert, because you can worsen thingsĀ  :(

13 Mar
Dang, that's what I was afraid of. I tried working out and the next day it was much worse. I feel so weak to be taken out by a sneeze, I'm glad I'm not alone haha whatta pain in the butt this is
13 Mar
I can understand that :) I remeber walking like a granny (and I was 21) and the lady in the drug store started to laugh at me :D I remember me thinking about how vulnerable my body was and how I should be taking much more care about it then I was, and I did some promises to myself about strengthening my core...so, huh, took me about 10 years to get to my promise, but I'm finally doing it :)
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 14, 2015 6:56pm
via Android

This happens to me frequently. I do stretching, use a heated wheat bag and an acupressure mat. If this doesn't help I use a painkiller gel on the affected area.

For stretching I lie down on a yoga mat and slowly turn my head to the right. I relax my neck and let the weight of my head pull it further into the stretch without forcing it. I rest in this position for a few minutes and then gently return to starting position. Repeat on the left side. Make sure you're not getting cold lying on the floor. Keep warm all the time and avoid draft because it might make it worse. Get well soon!

24 Mar
May want to visit a chiropractor.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51