How do you get yourself motivated

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 11, 2015 9:48pm
via Android

I work 2 Full time jobs I find it hard to exercise. When I get home I'm burn out.

11 Jun
2 full time jobs?!?!? $$$$ I bow my hat to u sir. I workout and I work 6 , 12 hour shifts and have a family of my own. Its hard, But I got to get my ass to the gym. There is no other way. Try caffeine or a pre workout after your shift.
12 Jun
It's hard I set reminders to workout To have a healthy snack Even set reminders on my phone to stay strong or motivated I wrote my goal weight on my wrist to remind myself I use my fitness pal that helps too I also NEVER grocery shop when I'm hungry I make list and meal preps help too
Image_thumb
219 Posts
Jun 12, 2015 1:25am

Do you need motivation or do you need "time"? If it's time, do HIT and HIIT workouts, 2-3 a week is enough. Maybe you can use the way to your job as a workout? Like riding a bike, running, walking... and do little workouts at work. There is always something you can do, it doesn't have to be a 60 minute workout;-)

Image_thumb
1028 Posts
Jun 12, 2015 1:53am
via Android

I think of the guy who landed on the sidewalk in front of my apartment after jumping off the 14th floor balcony, and what he probably wasn't doing in life.

I think of how depressed I was for much of my life, or for the month I recently stopped working out.

I think of the Earth as a spaceship on an interstellar mission in which I have to workout so my body doesn't deteriorate while on the journey.

I think of the office pool party.

I consider maintaining my health a duty I must fulfill for the sake of others.

I make commitments to workout in my schedule so when i start rationalizing 'taking a break' I feel very uncomfortable and end up going anyway.

I paid for a class (boxing) which keeps me committed and interested.

I read articles and blogs about nutrition and exercise.

I regularly check my 'friends' skimble feed and 'like' all their workouts.

... etc.

12 Jun
Granted, I figure I do have a lot more spare time than you... but still...
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Jun 12, 2015 2:00am
via Android

I dont work as much as you.  I don't know how you do it.  You might want to start thinking about work life balance.  Studies show that work keeps us from getting enough sleep.  People slept a lot more when the unemployment was high.  I bet the study would show the same thing for exercise.

Anyway, what I do is to put on workout clothes, even if i am not feeling like going anywhere.  Then i start looking at skimble for a little while to find things that interest me.  If i am really not feeling it, i tell myself to just do it for 10 minutes.  Usually after about ten minutes i feel like continuing, but even then when i am having a really bad day, i will quit.  Also a 30 minute nap and some caffeine does wonders.

Image_thumb
86 Posts
Jun 12, 2015 2:39am
via Android

When i get home from school im usually really tired too. So i'll get home, eat a healthy snack, have a quick nap, relax a little, and then workout around 6 or 7.

That way in fueled up, im rested and ready to smash my workouts! Motivation really does come from within, keep with it for a few weeks and when you see changes with your body you'll become addicted!

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 16, 2015 7:47am
via Android

https://youtu.be/nuHfVn_cfHU

08 Jul
Ummm. I recommend that you have your volume not turned up all the way.
Image_thumb
74 Posts
Jul 8, 2015 3:21pm
via Android

Sometimes its hard to get motivated but not impossible and i just tell myself "do you want to be sexy or not" that works for me hahaha just do youre best to stay active

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,233 topics, 38,258 posts

Motivation & Support

8,517 topics, 41,724 posts

App Updates

15 topics, 49 posts

Ask the Pros

724 topics, 1,845 posts

Workouts and Programs