Men's Summer Beach Bod: Day 1

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 5, 2016 5:37pm
via Android

What's going in fellas! I started the 3 week program this morning, then a 3 mile run after. My body typically responds well and fairly quickly to workout routines.

Can anyone recommend foods I should start eating and what I should stay away from? I know a good diet is a huge component in maintaining great fitness.

I'm a former professional dancer and I used to rely on my dance schedule to keep my body tight. Those days are gone. Let's work!

07 Apr
Lean chicken, lean meats, boiled eggs, always pair these with veggies of possible. Low glycemic choices for carbs. Sweet potatoes, small portions of steel cut oats, apples, and these are just a few. Fats- unsalted nuts like walnuts, almonds, pecans, avocado, sardines are a favorite of mine if they're the healthier more expensive brand. Your fat intake should be 30% or so. Fruits- I like berries and apples these you can portion out to 3-4 servings a day, higher glycemic fruit for immediate post workout like half a banana. Tons of water. Never go 2 hours before a workout without...
07 Apr
This is amazing information Jeff!! Consider these items added to my diet. Thanks again bro!
08 Apr
yeah you know right
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 7, 2016 11:43pm
via iOS
No problem! Nutrition is key and ultimately the number one key before fitness. Keep it clean, complex carbs, lean proteins, healthy fats and if you like to eat a lot and cook I highly recommend crock potting meals. There are a lot of healthy crock pot recipes. 

Remember as well that a car if going 0-60 mph takes a lot more fuel than a car staying at 35 mph. The same can be seen with carbs and fats. Carbohydrates are the number one source of fuel for the body and when you're lifting heavy or performing more intense anaerobic exercises, your body will utilize the glycogen stores (carb storage) in your body before using fats for fuel. Longer cardio sessions utilize fats more than carbohydrates for fuel. On days where I'm planning more cardio HIIT, I keep my carbs a little lower and keep the healthy fats but for heavy lifting days I'll go for more complex carbs because that's what my body will utilize for fuel. 
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 8, 2016 2:42am
via Android

I like doing everything in my mind you know

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 8, 2016 2:44am
via Android

Exrise is good for yooooouuuuuuu.

08 Apr
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 8, 2016 11:46am
via Android

No one can recommend you anything worthwhile without knowing your goals.

So what are the goals you have in mind?

08 Apr
my goal is doing 20 push up to get some muscle

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51