I just want to look good enough to take of my shirt I need help

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 17, 2013 3:52am
via Android

Im tired of being scared to take off my shirt it's held me out of so much through highschool im not nerdy just not confident, id love for some one to help me to get define and lean NOT buff any help is apreciated i like running. I am a junior in highschool i just want to be able to enjoy my senior year.

17 Apr
by the way....you said of not OFF
17 Apr
"Held me out of" that part ?
17 Apr
Hi spelling bee champion:-) anyway spelling queen kylie is talking about your topic statement. You said take my shirt of not off.
17 Apr
Ohh thank you ! I will see if I can fix if :)
17 Apr
It doesn't really matter we all know what you meant.
Image_thumb
158 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 8:30pm
via Android

If you're simply looking to define your muscles, I'd suggest you keep on running and start planking. A combination of these two will tone your body. You'll gain muscle too, but you won't look buff :)

17 Apr
I agree with the planking! U def. feel it in ur core every time u do.
17 Apr
Thank you ! I will try I am determined to get my body the best it can look and be in shape but I'd also would like to have lean cut muscle , reason being I simply hate being looking buff ,also I love free running and parkour so I can't go bodybuilding status
20 Jun
Wow this is some good advice, having the same problem, thanks
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 10, 2013 6:34pm
via iOS
The 'cut and chiseled' workout on this app with get your muscles really defined and won't add much mass.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 10, 2013 6:35pm
via iOS
If you don't want to do that.. Just do high intensity workouts. Low weight with a lot of reps
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Jun 15, 2013 5:46pm
via iOS
I love the cut and chiseled routine. I'd keep up the running but before you do that. Do a few routines from here first. I do the quick cardio crunch as a workout and then some excercises for toning. Lately it's been the inner warrior workout then I work my core. Do some burpees, mountain climbers, squat jumps, side shuffles...etc. it may seem like torture but it pays off.
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jun 15, 2013 6:58pm
via iOS
Cut and Chiseled.  Dumbbell Triceps Explosion. Lift heavy dude. Max out at 5-8 reps. Eats alot of protein. Get a protein shake. Take it after a workout and before bed. If you want to get big you got to eat big and train hard
21 Jun
He doesn't want to gain mass just tone the mass he already has
21 Jun
Ohh then go on a cutting diet.. Exercise exactly the same.. Just cut down on the amount of calories you consume... And eat healthy
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Jun 15, 2013 8:28pm
via iOS
Running for a long time at a consistent pace isn't gonna help you tone up it just helps build endurance and stamina. Although, if you do HIIT for example sprint for 30 seconds(high intensity) and walk or jog for 15 or 30 seconds(low intensity) it tones your body very well.
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Jun 20, 2013 4:43am
via Android

Yeah that's how it starts just a little cut here maybe a little bit more muscle here next thing u know it's protein drinks and 300 lb bench press

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jun 20, 2013 4:47pm
via iOS
I can give you a simple program to make you a little stronger. Build a little muscle and loose weight.

Also combine it with clean eating (protein, fruits+ veggies and healthy fats.

Week 1

Day 1: back squats 5*5, chin ups 5*5(use a weight belt here), millitary Press 5*5. Then 2 sets of a pull, push and leg exercise of choice 15 reps here just to get some blood flowing. Remember allways work your way up to those sets of 5. 

Day 2 cardio and core workout of choice.

Day 3: deadlifts 5*5, pull ups max out (if you cant do more Then at least 7 good once in every set use a resistance band to help you), bench Press 5*5. Then 2 sets of a pull, push and leg exercise of choice 15 reps here just to get some blood flowing. Remember allways work your way up to those sets of 5. 

Day 4 see Day 2

Day 5: front squats 5*5, chin ups 5*5, millitary Press 5*5. Then 2 sets of a pull, push and leg exercise of choice 15 reps here just to get some blood flowing. Remember allways work your way up to those sets of 5. 

Day 6 see Day 2

Day 7 rest

Week 2

Same as week 1 but instead of doing 5*5 in chin ups you max you like you did with your pull ups and you go 5*5 on your pullups instead

You also swich the military Press and bench Press around so you do bench Press twice this week.

Week 3 repeat week 1

Week 4 repeat week 2

Week 5 repeat week 1, but this is a rest week so take all your weights Down to 50% of what you usually do and go fore those 5*5. Then your done.

Week 6 repeat week 2

Okay you get it now. Every 5th week is a rest week. Just use whatever structure you whould have used on a normal week but on 50% intensity :)
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jun 20, 2013 4:50pm
via iOS
Also dont worry about getting to buff. No one gets Big by accident. It takes years of hard work and dedication. Also its going to take time to build a great body. At least 1 year.
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jun 20, 2013 7:17pm
via Android

Sorry but i always have to laugh when ppl say i want to get lean not buff. If you just lower your bodyfat without building some decent musclemass you will just look like a skelet.

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Jun 21, 2013 1:02am
via Android

Judging by ur pic, u have no reason to be worried bout ur chest or stomach. Ur just a kid and everyone develops at a different rate. If u really want it tho try many different ab and chest body weight exercises. Ull build build the muscle u want not the mass u dislike. U need to do it everyday and change ur routine every week or two in order to shock ur muscles. Good luck

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51