2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jul 12, 2013 1:48am
via iOS
do u eat 5-6 small meals a day?!?
and what would u recommend?
12 Jul
I definitely eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. I used to not a few years ago. When I started eating small I began losing weight.
12 Jul
My example breakfast: whole wheat English muffin with I tsp of strawberry jam and 2 veggie bacon strips. Mid morning snack: banana and some celery sticks with 1 tsp of peanut butter. Lunch: big salad. Mid afternoon snack: apple or non fat Greek yogurt. Dinner: Always something healthy with lots of veggies, a carb, and protein. Sometimes I will have a fruit smoothie for desert.
16 Jul
3 big meals are way better(:
260872_1461442907_286894367_n_thumb
51 Posts
Jul 28, 2013 12:06pm
via iOS
Eating 5-6 smaller meals a day helps to keep your metabolism going throughout the day. I follow the Body for Life eating program (not a "diet") which says to eat 5-6 times/day; each meal consists of a serving of lean protein and serving of carbs (fruits=carb) with at least 2 meals including a veggie (not potatoes, squash, or corn-those are considered carbs due to the high sugar content). My day may look something like this:

Breakfast: honey bunches of oats w/low fat milk
AM snack: 1 oz low fat cheese and a small grapefruit
Lunch: tuna salad made with low fat mayo on whole wheat bread. You could make this even healthier by using Greek yogurt instead of mayo.
PM snack: fruit & nut granola bar
Dinner: tilapia with brown rice
LOTS of water...you should drink half your weight in ounces of water a day. I weigh 170 lbs so I aim for 85 ozs of water.

This eating methodology has helped me lose 40lbs so far...I have 30 more to go. :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51