Late night after work meals?!

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jul 18, 2013 11:56pm
via Android

This is a question for all the chefs out here!

Lately i end up working more and more nightshifts. I dont mind this but there is one problem. Eating.

Most of the times there are no facilities to eat or cool a meal. So i end up eating left overs when i get back home. 9 out of 10 i safe some pasta for this cuz it keeps its flavour.

Here comes the real question. What is easy to prepare ( horrible chef) and fills really good. Think a meal of about 700-800 kcals. And does good while comming out of the fridge!

19 Jul
I would say eating some meat along with veggies is a good choice
19 Jul
Yea but reheating veggies doesnt really taste good. Atleast 9 out of 10 lose al flavour
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 19, 2013 4:01am
via Android

Eat some meat along with fruits or vegetables they are good

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Jul 19, 2013 5:31am

Hey Rappa, some ideas would be 1 pre-cooked chicken breast or tuna on a bed of kale, spinach or rocket. 2 hummus, and salad rolled in pita 3 fruit smoothie (put ingredients in blender before you go to work and blend when u get home) 4 hard boiled eggs with salad 5 peanut butter mixed with geeek yogurt. seems im always short on time so these are my go to staples.

Image_thumb
89 Posts
Jul 19, 2013 6:57am
via Android

I use my days off to batch cook. Homemade lasagne, hotpot, pasta bake, chicken in tomato sauce.... All with extra veg and fresh ingredients. I freeze them down in individual foils ready to eat. I tend to choose in the morning and leave to defrost,  pop in the oven whilst I shower, quick salad and serve.
Also prepare homemade burgers,  freeze raw and they take minutes on a griddle from chilled or frozen.
Good luck.

15 Aug
I do it like this too :-)
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 19, 2013 8:57am
via Android

chicken breast cut into strips with a salad, tomato, cucumber, spinach and sweetcorn. one teaspoon of reduced fat mayo or coconut oil to prevent dryness. then fruit and a greek yoghurt. you can eat this straight from the fridge if you need to!

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 5:39am
via iOS
my advice would be to have a hot girlfriend waiting at your house for you with a yummy hot meal :) problem solved!
14 Aug
Any girl willing to cook a meal at 5 in the morning is an angel haha
17 Aug
lol right

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51