Best protein shakes for people that have seizures.

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 3:27am
via Android

I have had 2 seizures in the past 6 years and I want to know if there is a good protein shake/powder that would not affect my medicine and not bring on seizures. I am active with going to the gym and would like to have something good for after workouts. All opinions are appreciated! :)

Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 3:37am
via Android

You should probably contact a physician about this.  Now, there are a lot of experienced people on this app who would be glad to help, and they are LOVELY people; however, they cannot know the full details of your physiology and therefore cannot give you a proper recommendation.  Plus, if you're worried about it messing with your medication, you most DEFINITELY contact your doctor.  It's highly unlikely protien supplements will affect your condition, but it's always better to be safe than sorry :)

Best of luck!

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 2:20pm
via Android

I have looked online a lot and some people have posted that it has actually helped them to not seize anymore. Also other people that take the same meds as me haven't had any problems with protein shakes but gotta watch for ones that have a few bad ingredients. After my first seizure my mom mentioned to my Dr that I had been using protein powder a while before I seized but he said that shouldn't have affected me. However I have had protein shakes within the past 2 yrs or so and didn't notice anything bad.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51