Too many carbs???

2 posts | Original | Recent
8 Posts
Aug 8, 2013 5:45pm
via Android

My husband and I have been trying to lose weight but nothing is happening. He's in the army so he has PT everyday and I workout everyday as well, all we drink is water and green tea and we eat pretty healthy. But we love noodles/rice/potatoes, is it possible we're not losing weight because we're taking in too many carbs from them?? Any suggestions on other meal ideas would be nice too!

50 Posts
Aug 8, 2013 6:14pm
via iOS
Too many carbs is a big factor. I recently started "carb cycling" (google Chris Powell for more), which is a low carb diet and the weight is melting off me. I haven't found a replacement for noodles, but cauliflower is my go to now to replace rice and potatoes. I cut it up in chunks and roast it with a pinch of spices like taters. Boil it and purée it with some cream cheese and a little garlic, instead of mashed potatoes. Or throw it through a cheese grater, grate a cup of it and microwave it, as is, in a Pyrex bowl for 2 minutes. A very similar consistency to rice that I love to throw into my meals. I also make this cauliflower "rice" and mix it with a cup of grated low fat cheese and 1 egg, and bake it in a pancake shape at 350 for 20 minutes. Yummy replacement to bread for an open faced sandwich, or also use it as the crust for a kick-a mini veggie pizza!
08 Aug
Oh that all sounds good!! Thanks :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51