The time, effort, and expense to eat healthy

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 9:09pm
via iOS
It's so difficult for me to eat healthy. Most meals take a while to prepare and it's super expensive! Does anyone have any suggestions on quick meals and cheap items to use to help you to lose weight but still get the energy you need?
14 Aug
Idk if I'm doing it right but I eat whatever's but exercise more haha
Img952013082395004434_thumb
118 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 9:12pm
via Android

Yogurt and granola always get me going

Image_thumb
89 Posts
Aug 14, 2013 9:25pm
via Android

Are you cooking for one or a group/family?
I batch cook, buy meat and veg etc on offer accordingly. I make lasagne, tomato chicken, pasta bake, cottage pie, hotpot....the options are endless. I then put in tupperware or disposable foils for oven or microwave.
Its quick to chop a load of salad once a week and store in separate containers. Then toss a bit of each together as a side or lunch.
Use leftovers for soup to save wastage, just add stock and lentils/beans and blitz before serving.
Easy and cheap

15 Aug
Batch cook sounds a lot easier than cooking every single night.
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 16, 2013 8:43am
via Android

As long as you have some nutritional balance you can do that just make sure you can keep burning it and stay away from fast food.  Or use these  foods Put whole grain wraps in the oven and let them get crispy and make chips out of them and dip them in salsa.  Or if you want ice cream go with arctic zero.  You can have the pint and not gain a lb or have a protein shake with fruits.  Or chobani yogurt.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51