Happy meals -_-

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 24, 2013 9:32pm
via Android

My son loves these things! And we all knoe how healthy McDonald's is :\ he lives with his mom and she dosent cook much (we are not together) so the 3-4 days I have him out of the week all he wants is McDonald's! Any tips to break this unhealthy eating habit

24 Aug
You can try to make the meals he likes at McDonalds at home by changing them up a bit. U can make our own chicken tenders in the oven or use lean beef to make hamburgers and whole wheat buns. Also instead of soda u can make our own by combining carbonated water with fresh squeezed juices . Thats what I did for my nephews and nieces ! Hope this helps!
28 Aug
It takes the average eater SEVEN TIMES of eating a new food to like it! Remember that when he still hates it the second, fourth, and sixth time you try something he's not used to!
Image_thumb
47 Posts
Aug 24, 2013 10:26pm
via Android

Cook with him. Have him try everything at least once. Carrot stick,  broccoli,  snow peas , celery, cherry tomatoes can all be eaten by hand dipped in ranch (lead by example) make ants on a log (celery, peanut butter, raisin). Make your own pizza hide a layer of spinach under the cheese. Make your own sushi, have him beat the eggs for an omlet.Try edamame beans they're fun to eat, fruit. No juices especially not soda. Only water or milk.Let him know those are his only choices (he'll get used to it). Don't make a  big deal about Food just give it to him and eat. Might be hard for a while but make it the norm when he is at your house.

Image_thumb
47 Posts
Aug 24, 2013 10:31pm
via Android

Oh and if you go to McDonald for the toy pack your own picnic and go to a park.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51