Quick and healthy breakfist

24 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 4:00am
via Android

Well sence I'm starting college and have to get up early to drive like 30 minutes I was curious what are sone quick healthy and cheap breakfist ideas?

27 Aug
Anyone with constructive breakfist ideas?
28 Aug
Make a smoothie the night before wake up grab it from the fridge and go
30 Aug
Soak your oats overnight with a soon of almond meal, two spoons of quinoa flakes, water and milk. In the morning just microwave or on the stovetop and add some cinnamon and honey
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 4:03am
via iOS
McDonalds...
27 Aug
Seeing how fast fiod is terruble for you...
27 Aug
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 4:10am
via Android

lolol, cake :-) yummy.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 5:28am
via Android

If you like cereal then i recommend Kashi vanilla Graham. About 3.12 in stores and is breakfast for whole week. One cup has 170 calories with 13 protein and 10 fiber. With milk and a piece of fruit, you got a good quick breakfast!

27 Aug
Thank you very much :)
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 5:58am
via iOS
I normally have a small(ish) bowl of this awesome cereal called 'Smart Start original antioxidants' it's filling but not heavy :)
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 6:49am
via Android

Bowl of brown rice with a fried egg or two on top. Some butter, salt and pepper, garlic powder (I fry onions and cabbage too but that's when i have more time). Mix the egg in. Delicious, nutritious, cheap. But maybe not as easy as u wanted if you're in a little dorm room & you don't have a rice cooker and can't easily fry an egg.

You can find your local food co-op or whole foods store and check out their bulk cereals and find some you like. A bowl of that with some kefir (drinking  yogurt) or almond milk is quick. I avoid soy milk & other soy products because of some things I've read. Eat an apple. Boil up some eggs every week and keep em in the fridge for a quick protein snack/breakfast.

27 Aug
Ill have to try that and I've got enough room to cook sence I'm not in a dorm
27 Aug
Is the chocolate almond milk as healthy as the regular almond milk?
29 Aug
There are different kinda of almond milk, even the same brand will sell like for different kinds with different amounts of sugar for ppl who need the flavor. The chocolate kind prob has more sugar. I eat my cereal with the least sugar kind and for me the cereal is sweet enough but other people wd be disappointed by the "watery" milk. I believe almond milk is healthier than soy and dairy, for me.good luck
Image_thumb
66 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 8:49am
via Android

Egg on toast

1076258_1430280676_1084485423_n_thumb
1 Post
Aug 27, 2013 9:08am
via Android

In a blender 1 frozen banana, frozen 1/4 cup  strawberries, 1/4 cup frozen pineapple, a touch of honey, 1/4 cup frozen spinach, 1 cup or maybe a bit more coconut milk and 2 tbsp chia seeds.  Wonderful quick and healthy smoothie.

Image_thumb
209 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 12:34pm
via iOS
Protein shake with fruit is always good to start off your mornings...
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 27, 2013 12:43pm
via Android

Cooked instant oats topped with low fat yoghurt and fruit. Quick, fast, tasty and filling!

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 12:54pm
via Android

Oatmeal and a piece of fruit!

27 Aug
I like this one with maybe protein thrown in, boiled egg
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 1:49pm
via iOS
Peanut butter and jelly with some fruits on the side, I like a sliced banana with honey on top.
28 Aug
Peanut butter jelly time
30 Aug
Peanut butter jelly time ! I like the song woop woop haha.
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 3:53pm
via Android

Try two eggs & two pieces of toast for a few weeks.

You can have them fried, scrambled, boiled. And voth low for calories too which is a bonus. 220 cal which should be an aim for your breakfast.

If not that.  100grams of any meat and small salad.

30 Aug
I am not sure that skipping the calories during your first meal of the day is a good idea. I think that, on the contrary, you should be having a third of your total calories of the day at breakfast. You need the energy for whatever you are going to do after you leave the house, especially if you are going to do intellectual work, like studying.
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 3:54pm
via Android

Carful of your yogurt choices, they can be full of sugars.

1115713_7928833_2022942513_n_thumb
11 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 2:25am

Buy a juicer for your dorm.  You don't need a fridge to store most produce anyway!

When I worked 10 hour shifts I'd have a juice at 5:30 in the morning and a bowl of whole grain cereal at 9.  You don't want a sugar crash so go for a cereal that has less than 5 grams of sugar.  I love Purely O's and Nature's path Heritage Flakes.  Add a banana slathered with some almond butter and you're good to go!

Also, oatmeal (not prepackaged!) in the microwave toppes with nuts and dates can be ready in under 5 minutes.

28 Aug
Aug 28, 2013 3:00am
via Android

Hey, this may not sound tasty, but it doesn't take long and better than you think.
Oatmeal, fruit, and two eggs
    Start making the oatmeal
    Add fruit
    While you boil the water or microwave your oatmeal make your
     Egg(s)
    Once the oatmeal is done add the eggs & they should finish being made by the oatmeal's heat

The last step takes some trial n error, so practise a bit.

P_20151025_101757_1_bf_p_thumb
51 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 4:28am
via Android

I have 100g of Greek yogurt with 10g of Frosted Mini Wheats crumbled in.   Sometimes I add a banana as well.

Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 9:58pm
via Android

Oatmeal and protein shake

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 10:15pm
via iOS
Greek yogurt with muzli and fruit
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 10:47pm
via iOS
Half a cup of oatmeal, half a cup of low fat yogurt (whatever you prefer) and half a cup of a fruit that is in season, cut into bite sized chunks. If you find this is not sweet enough, you can add a little honey. Stick it in the fridge the night before, covered, and it will be ready to go in the morning. You can make this in bigger amounts, to share or to have some for a couple of days. You can skip the fruit and add it fresh each morning to vary the flavour. Needless to say, you can add more than one kind of fruit to mix things up.

Another thing I really like is avocado toast or sandwich. Slice the avocado, put it on your favorite bread (no need for mayo or butter - avocado kind of acts like a spread already), add a bit of salt and pepper and eat some cherry tomatoes along with it. I find this is excellent with flaxseed bread, the textures and tastes fit better somehow. If you make it into a sandwich, you can take it with you for a no mess no fuss commute breakfast. If you are allowed, you can spice it up with a couple slices of bacon (nicely drained, of course).

Just a banana with a little yogurt is great.

My favorite is fried eggs and bacon, but I am allowed as I need the protein and I skip other fats later during the day. :)
30 Aug
Forgot to mention, you have to mix the yogurt, fruit and oatmeal before sticking it in the fridge.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 2:30am
via iOS
Easy = a bowl of cereal 
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 4:55am
via Android

Blend 1cup of dry oatmeal and 1cup egg whites... Add agave syrup per taste.  Cook batter in skillet like a pancake.
You can make the night before and reheat in toaster.

04 Sep
I can somehow see bananas in this batter. Do you think it would work, for example, in replacement of some of the egg white?
04 Sep
You could. I've done bananas, blueberries, and raspberries...any fruit should suffice. I substitute the agave syrup for fruit to keep the sugar content low. I would be hesitant to replace the egg whites because I'm trying to keep the protein - carbs balanced.
Me_xmas_11_thumb
23 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 3:41pm
Overnight Oats 1/3 cup milk 1/3 cup oats 1/3 cup yogurt 1/2 cup fresh fruit 1 tsp. Peanut Butter Mix in a sealed container & leave in fridge overnight. Add granola or flax seed & enjoy.
04 Sep
Hey! Stole my recipe! ; )
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 4:09pm
via iOS
Kellogg's special k :).
24 Sep
Its okay but not enough protein, unless someones trying to lose weight

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51