Seing a nutritionist

5 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Aug 27, 2013 4:51pm
via Android

Hello I am male 19 years old who is 5'6 foot tall weighing about 115 lbs. I want to gain weigh but as any other forum will tell is to eat more because as an ectomorph we need more calorie cosumption. I was thinking if it would be a good idea to go see a nutrionist or dieteran(don't know if its the same tthing, my apologies) and I know I should be eating more but my problem is cravings and what to eat. I eat around 1-2 meals a day rarely 3 because I rarely get hungry and whenever there is food I don't have the craving for it. Let me know if any of you have tips or suggestions, thanks :-)

24 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 5:15pm
via iOS
Eat eat and eat more! Your body type is so challenging to NATURALLY put lean muscle on. Make sure you stay away from long bouts of cardio. Did I mention eat?
289 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 7:09pm

Hey Kris, I'm not sure where you are from but I'm from the UK. Over here Nutritionists are not officially registered (not many people realise this), this means that anyone can claim to be a Nutritionist and set up a business.  As a result many so called Nutritionists spread pseudo-science and and unreliable information.  Dieticians on the other hand have to be officially registered and most have attended a certified degree programme at university.

It might be an idea to check whether in your country the situation is similar or different.  I'd hate for you to get poor advice.

All the best

27 Aug
Yeah I know I gotta eat but I gotta eat the right things don't I? I know I got to stay away from cardio but I want to figure out what should I be eating and staying away from. obviously fast food lol. And there is a nutritionist near by town with his own office and I checked online and he is review #2 best in new York long island so I have no concerns towards the visit
12 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 1:54am
via Android

Smoking marijuana can help gain appetite, if its legal where you live your doctor might advise this. Or look up high calorie healthy food, Junk food isn't always the best. good luck

122 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 2:17am
via Android

Protein shakes for some reason make me super hungry and make me eat more throughout the day. Perhaps you should try it out if you aren't consuming too much protein already.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51