What's healthy to eat??

8 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 8:27pm
via Android

Any suggestions I'm the type of person that if I don't eat healthy I gain weight quickly someone help me please?

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 8:57pm
via Android

Okay

Image_thumb
392 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 9:05pm
via Android

fruit, nuts, Special K brands and salads....

371483_100000540134287_1732414746_n_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 10:05pm
via iOS
Is anything healthy and delicious ? For lunch or dinner ?
31 Aug
Chicken is - just don't fry it and go easy on the skin. Eggs, same thing, if you skip the mayonnaise for the hard-boiled ones. Rice is really healthy and you can make so many things with it. Mushrooms are really healthy, delicious and, again, offer many, many possibilities. Actually, there are no unhealthy foods besides processed foods.
01 Sep
Okay ty :D
Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 29, 2013 10:21pm
via iOS
I like to have wheatabix for breakfast, fruit or nuts for snacks, baked potato with salad or couscous for dinner and meat and veg for tea time, I eat healthy during the week and tend to have treats at the weekend. I also don't eat carbs after 1pm because they are harder to burn off after then and it has helped me gain my abs goal. Hope this helps?
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 1:47am
via Android

The easiest way to know what's healthy is to eat only real food whenever possible. Real food means non-processed, not manmade. Fruits, vegetables, meats, whole grains like brown rice and oatmeal, nuts, beans. REAL food.

Be very cautious of packaged foods, especially ones that have "HEALTHY" all over them. If you really want to eat that stuff make it a small part of your diet, and you gotta read labels and study up on what they mean.

Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 3:41pm

Organic organic organic.  Any packaged foods, from granola bars to supermarket meat contains chemicals.  Short term that turns into fat (our body can't break down the chemicals and man made junk) and then long term it turns into toxins which turn into cancer, diabetes, heart disease, alzhiemers, stroke, etc.

Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 12:27am
via iOS
Whole foods in general, nothing prepared.

But there are a few things that rise above the rest. Fruit and veggies and lean meat are obvious. Add to that mushrooms, legumes, anything that has a dark or intense colour (beets, broccoli, blueberries, etc.), sour things, smelly things, crunchy things.

I think a lot of it has to do with the way you cook and serve things. A salad stops being healthy when it is drenched in sauce. Fish stops being healthy when it is fried. Don't peel anything that can be eaten skin on. Don't peel carrots, cucumbers, zucchini. Don't remove stuff. You can eat the leaves of a radish, the leaves of beets, you can eat the flowers of chives (deeelish!). If you like munching on bones, do it!

Also, have the nasty bits on meat. Don't just eat the muscle. Eat the liver, too, and other organs as long as you can take it. Liver is actually quite tasty - I like chicken livers cooked in a skillet with onions and paprika. This is a superfood for women during their periods as it restores much of the iron lost through bleeding. I also love veal brains.

Also, make your own stuff. You can make your own cheese, your own creme fraiche, your own spice mixes, your own sausages, your own vinegar... Most of the things you would make yourself are a piece of cake to make.
01 Sep
An old boss of mine who owned and loved horses told me he wouldn't even feed his horses unpeeled carrots, as, (so he said) carrots absorb toxins more, they clean the earth (you can clean up a poisoned field with a few seasons of planting carrots, he said) and even in normal carrots there will be toxins in the peel... So i always remember that and peel carrots at least...haha and I have no idea how accurate it is
01 Sep
What you say is true to some extent. Actually, the very reason why all vegetables and fruit contain minerals is because they suck it up from the soil. Every time you eat a fruit or veggie, you eat a handful of soil, really. However, carrots are not grown on contaminated soil, at least not on this continent. If eating carrots with the peel on for this reason were unhealthy, eating anything that was grown in soil should be unhealthy. The toxins don't just get on the peel of the root, they get under the peel and up into the aerial...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51