Cleanse Diet

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 6:58pm

There are many trend diets out there and I am definitely very cynical when it comes to "diets" in general. You may have heard of some cleanse diets. There are many DIY diets and there are definitely products out there which can cost up to $800 to fill your body with gloopy fiber and make you think what comes out was stuck in your colon when actually its just the product you bought.

Anyway I did a cleanse diet a couple years ago and loved it and am going to do it again for at least a week starting tomorrow. I'm posting here with the intention of sharing the idea, and of putting it out there as a kind of accountability thing, to keep me on it.

Brown rice is the main food. (I have a rice cooker and love it) Good whole grain, some fiber, some protein, less starch than white rice.

All other carbs are out. No wheat, no bread, no oatmeal, no nuthin.

Fresh fruits and vegetables are all ok (except bananas and oranges-I dont know why I'm just going on that part from reading other cleanse diets but I rarely eat them these days anyway)

No sugar at all. No fruit juice, no soda, no gatorade, no sugar. This is a big one. Very challenging and the most rewarding feeling of "getting clean". Getting off sugar is like getting off of ________ (fill in blank with your idea of the most dangerously addictive drug)

No artificial sweeteners or artificial anything.

No caffeine. This one isn't so bad for me. When I take care of my body with exercise and food I don't feel the need for caffeine.

No red meat. I'm gonna eat some chicken and tuna fish.

I will eat sparingly of butter and seasonings on the rice. (fat is necessary in a healthy diet)

I like this diet because its balanced, I could theoretically make it my diet for my whole life and be quite healthy. (try surviving for years on cayenne pepper and lemon juice) and I can eat as much as I want within the guidelines and still feel like its "working". I lost some weight last time I did it, and all around it was a good thing. Wish me luck.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 1, 2013 7:08pm
via Android

It sounds good and balanced. The great thing is you can always be changing the flavour up by adding a variety of fruits and veggies. Quinua is another great grain to use. Also basmati rice. Good luck.

03 Sep
Wat iz ," basmati" rice?
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 3:57am
via Android

I'm into day two. All is well. Cheated just a little, had a cup of coffee (which is not so bad) and it's virtually impossible to find a salad dressing with no sugar (corn syrup) in this country so my salad was not pure, which i feel worse about than the coffee just cuz sugar is so difficult to avoid AND so bad.

03 Sep
Have you ever tried your salads with just a little bit of salt and some lime juice? We love our salads like that at my house, you should give it a try :-)
03 Sep
I just put some salt, onion powder, olive oil and I squeeze a lemon! Tastes fantastic :D.
04 Sep
Thanks you guys
08 Sep
The two other recipes are great, but if you really want to go clean in a really easy way, try some vinegar diluted with water. It is really a whole lot better than it sounds. That's all I ever had on salad as a kid, and now that I think of it, I think I am going to have vinegar water salad. ;)
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 3:47am
via Android

Day three, all is well. Gonna try an alternative salad dressing idea today . (I'm in Korea, and finding an all natural no corn syrup dressing is a lot more difficult than back in the states)

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 8, 2013 3:39am
via Android

I Made it the way to Saturday, did olive oil and lemon vinegar and salt as dressing. V good. Saturday was cheat day, went to restaurant for friends b-day, but now back on for week 2!

15 Sep

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51