Carbs vs. No Carbs.... That is the question!

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Sep 10, 2013 10:28pm
via iOS
Although I still eat carbs, I limit the types. I have cut out bread. The carbs I eat are fruit, yogurts etc. I eat most of my carbs by noon and have next to none in the evening. How do all of you measure up to carbs?
12 Sep
Yoghurt in the morning is fine , but not at night ...i do greek instead of the regular, it has more protein. I eat the sara lee 45 calories bread in the morning, some wild rice at lunch and no carbs at all at night, also im very careful with sugar i use stevia or splenda...more vegetables than fruit and is working!
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 4:25am
via Android

Hard to bulk up with carbs and can cause blood sugar spikes so I limit them also when I lost 30 lbs all I really did was cut almost all my carbs left me with1800 calories a day now I have increased my protein to about 150 grams a day

Img952013082395004434_thumb
118 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 4:33pm
via Android

Carbs are very important. If you dont eat enough carbs your body cant process and burn fat properly. You will get a ketone build up in your body which is not good. 

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 7:00pm
via iOS
I personally don't suggest low carb diets to anybody.. It's does work but you can loose fat just as efficiently and keep the carbs. The way to do this is to calculate how many calories it takes to maintain your weight (bmr) minus 500 calories from that number and stick to it. Eat equal amounts of carbs and protein. Eat your healthy fats. As long as you keep it balanced and stay at a 500 calorie deficit you will loose weight. If you want to loose weight faster then decrease more calories from your bmr.. Carbs work different for everyone depending on your metabolism. So there's no reason for low carb dieting. That's how I look at it. But if it works for you then good. Everybody's bodies are different.. 
15 Sep
And yes Daniel makes a good point. That's another reason I don't suggest low carb dieting ..
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 10:16pm
via Android

I lots of times eat more carbs than i should. But heavy workouts just screams for those delicious meals!

15 Sep
Nutritionists give advice of a blanaced diet of 60%/30%/10% carbs/good fats/ protein. Your body has to use carbs in order to break down any other energy source. This isnt just my opinion, its fron lectures from nutritionists. People obsess over eating protein etc when in truth if you eat a balanced diet you get everything you need with onky 10-15 % of diet from protein
15 Sep
Actually its more like 60% carbs 25% protein 15% fat. Fat should be the lowest in consumption since it has the highest caloric value. Fat has 9 calories per gram. Carbs and protein have only 4 calories per gram.
Image_thumb
397 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 2:04am
via iOS
Always need carbs to need workouts intense
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 2:34am
via iOS
I am loving the dialogue and comments.  I do still eat carbs, I just limit the types and have cut bread out for sure.  It is not easy however, feels great.  Keep the dialogue going.... Anyone indulge a bit in dark chocolate?  That is my cheat to keep me going....
28 Sep
Oh sweet sweet chocolate! I have dark chocolate 1-2 times a week. I used to be able to eat a block in one sitting (god knows why I didn't get huge) but these days I'm able to have around 30g and be satisfied :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51