myth or fact..

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 10:36pm
via Android

dont do excersises with in 20-30mins after eating. true or false?

15 Sep
Only reason id say not to is because its a lot harder to fully work out with a full stomach. I like to do.it before breakfast and because I'm trying to ggain weight i like to eat a lot afterwards. In the army we aways do PT first thing in the morning
15 Sep
thnx. exercise in the morning before breakfast to but im tryna lose weight n get toned. is tht ok to do? and when should i exercise 30mins or a hr after eating?
15 Sep
also thats kool! my dad was in the marines. and till this very day he works out in the morning. i used to work out along side my dad till i got married 3yrs ago haha..
15 Sep
I'm not a fitness pro but id say keep ur meal small but u should eat after being that ur working out burns a lot a nutrients u need. If u don't eat afterward u may become lightheaded and weak. Today because my baby was up and i was hungry i just ate a peanut butter sandwich wated bout 1hr for her to sleep and ate a full meal afterwards
16 Sep
haha thanks! you remind me so much of my dad. i appreciate it very much.
Img952013082395004434_thumb
118 Posts
Sep 15, 2013 11:28pm
via Android

Depends on the size of the meal. For women its great to workout in the mornings especially on an empty stomach. Great metabolic boost throughout the day.

16 Sep
thank you very much!
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 7:42am
via Android

Because of my tight schedule I sometimes eat a few minutes before I train. I have always been fine. Sometimes you might not feel so good if it was a particulary heavy meal but it goes away.

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 8:54am
via Android

Try it and see how you feel. (you're not gonna get a cramp and drown)

One reason I don't do it is it just feels bad. Like I could puke.

I don't exercise when I'm very hungry though either. I eat a very light meal sometimes, or some fruit.  I need the blood sugar so I don't get all light-headed and weird.

Some ppl will talk about burning your body's energy reserves (fat) is better than burning the food energy from what you just ate, so that is why they don't eat before, but really your caloric intake, what you eat all day, simply has to be less calories than what you burn all day, that I'm not sure if it really matters when, though.  Maybe... But it seems suspicious.

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Sep 16, 2013 12:59pm
via Android

I always eat a meal before i workout. The very least i 'eat' is a proteinshake. For the simple reason that energy from the muscles is easiest to obtain for the body. And i want to give it another source of energy to take from.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51