Zero-carb dinner!

11 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
103 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 5:34pm
via Android

What can i have for dinner that does not have any carbs? Im trying to cut off carbs from my dinner but i cant think of what to have that doesnt have any carbs. Any ideas?

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 5:47pm
via iOS
There is only one way that you can 100% avoid carbs in a meal: eating only protein. Vegetables, fruits, and nuts, which are all very good for you, have some amount of carbs. Cutting out some carbs is good, but not eating any will make you very weak and tired. Your body turns carbs into energy, and it turns protein into amino acids for you cells. You cannot live carb-free and be healthy at the same time. Your body requires some carbs, but only the healthy ones. If you are cutting your carb intake, you should eat only low carb vegetables (green beans are good, and cucumber, peppers, and broccoli are excellent) and low carb fruits (berries mostly). Also, do not forget to eat good fats, like coconut, nuts, seeds, extra virgin olive oil, etc.. Even a little bit of quinoa or brown rice will not harm you at all.
08 Oct
I never had quinoa. What's it like?
08 Oct
Quinoa is a seed, and it has a little bit of nutty flavor. It is very unique in taste, so you will either love it or hate it. Cook a little bit at first to see if you like it. You can toast it, then add chicken stock. Cook it just like rice. It is .5 cup quinoa with .75 cup water. When the liquid evaporates, give it a taste to see if it is done. If not, add a little bit more liquid.
08 Oct
Cool! Thanks! :D
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 9:56pm
via Android

Never cut carbs

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 10:07pm
via Android

Lol and why would you do such a thing?

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 11:17pm
via iOS
?
08 Oct
Icon_missing_thumb
103 Posts
Oct 8, 2013 3:21am
via Android

U people dont get it . I have carbs for my breakfast, lunch and in my snacks. I want to cut off carbs ONLY FOR MY DINNER. I dont mean that im not gonna have carbs ever again or something like that....

08 Oct
That was implied in the "no carb DINNER" Lol. Try to Google it or something... Mayoclinic.com is an awesome health website! I use it all the time
08 Oct
Thanks Brianne! Finally someone gets what i mean! :D
12 Oct
Just look at the amount of carbs you need/want and try to spray it over the day. Doesnt really give much benefits to cut them out of dinner.
Image_thumb
347 Posts
Oct 8, 2013 5:25am
via iOS
I think they did understand but they didnt know how to express it,the fact it is not recommended to cut off carbs,because u need them..for your daily activities n your workouts..and in the synthesis of protein,that is building muscles..so the best advise I would give u is make it to the strict minimum carbs at dinner,really low portions..n max protein foods..so that to not deplete your glycogens store during night(google it)..n u need energy to watch your tv series at night or sleep
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 8, 2013 6:01am
via Android

I did this a few years ago but i found that i was hungry again after about an hour. Then i would go snack on junk food the rest of the night which made the problem worse. If youre gonna cut carbs completely from dinner i would suggest gradually reducing over a period of 1-2 weeks. Like anything else if you cut it completely your body will have trouble adjusting if you dont taper it slowly. Its definitely a good idea though. Your body doesnt need carbs at night.

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 8, 2013 6:15am
via Android

If you are serious on your workout, then why are you so afraid of carbs? If you really want a 'zero-carb dinner', then go for a meal replacement. Get some protein shakes that are zero-carb.

Icon_missing_thumb
103 Posts
Oct 8, 2013 9:43am
via Android

Thanks everyone!

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 11, 2013 7:26pm
via Android

Fish, like tuna. :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51