Nutrition

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 2:06am
via iOS
Anyone know any ways I can change my eating habits? I really want to loose at least 30lbs.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 12:05pm
via Android

well here's my take on what you should strive for in an everyday diet

avoid liquid calories. Those are the sneakiest, they don't fill you up, but they add to your daily cal intake v quickly. Only water, maybe flavored w a little fruit juice. Black coffee, teas, zero Cal soda (not healthy though), flavored seltzers are all ok. The most common worst choices are sodas and mixed coffee beverages, and then juices/sports drinks are just extra sugars and cals too. Eat a fruit don't drink a juice.

Also eat only whole foods. cut way down on man made processed stuff: this means noodles, breads, cheese, "healthy" energy bars and various products in boxes

Stick with fruits, veggies, some meats, nothing fried, whole grains like oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa. A little real butter and salt go a long way and aren't a bad choice to flavor these healthy choices. Keep track of your portion sizes though. No 3 tbsp of butter on some steamed veggies!

You can use a calorie tracking app like myfitnesspal also. V useful in weight loss. Motivates you to make your calories count by eating good food that gets you through the day instead of leaving you sugar crashed and hungry, and also to start doing little things to burn more here and there.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 15, 2013 12:42pm
via Android

Hi

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51