Gaining Healthy Weight

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 20, 2013 11:45pm
via iOS
I've lost weight in the last few months and I would really like to gain it back. I think it could partly be from stress, but whatever it is, I just want to be healthier and for my clothes to fit like they used to haha I'm hoping that working out will help me gain some muscle mass but I know eating is also something I need to focus on. If you have any advice about eating and gaining healthy weight that could help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 12:23am
via Android

Focus on a protein. Stat away from things like muscle milk!!! I can not stress that enough. You should also increase your fiber. Any question? Id be glad to answer them just let me know. Might be able to help you put together a flexable meal plan.

21 Oct
What is muscle milk? And actually, if you really could help me with a meal plan that would be awesome!
21 Oct
The less you know about muscle milk the better lol. Protein, is going to be your friend here. Its not abour how much you get, but from what foods you get it. Look at eating brown rice, whole wheat breads, and fruits. The best thing for you to do is not to eat fatty foods to gain, as i am sure ypu are not doing its just worth saying it lol. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. Do you work out? If so how often, what types of work outs and for how long? How tall...
21 Oct
My current weight right now is about 120 and I'm 5'10. I used to weight almost 130 which is what I'm kinda aiming at for now. I've been pretty off and on with exercising, but I want to start getting back into it. Maybe running occasionally and then mostly include lifting and other muscular exercises.
Image_thumb
84 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 5:39am
via Android

Have food rich in protein....brown bread....drink a ice cream shake before sleeping.... I lost weight due to stress too...I'm following a weight gain plan too....eat watermelon jus after u workout....

21 Oct
Love the part about ice cream haha thanks for the help!
Icon_missing_thumb
64 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 2:09pm
via Android

Eat protein and carbs.avoid processed foods.continue your training as it will give you muscle mass.start your day on a healthy note with fruits,Brown breads,eggs.gaining or losing weight should be gradual as speedy transformation puts a lot of stress on the body

21 Oct
Sounds good, thanks!
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 23, 2013 2:21am
via Android

Hey, im am putting together a meal plan that should work for ya! Are you allergic to any foods? Should have it done before to long.

23 Oct
Awesome thanks! And I'm not allergic to anything but I don't like any kind of nut... or peanut butter. I can't stand that stuff haha
Image_thumb
84 Posts
Oct 23, 2013 5:08am
via Android

Hehe..yea I'm sure....but it helps if u have it before sleeping!!!

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 23, 2013 5:29am
via Android

The comment regarding ice cream was kinda funny, yes it will definitely add weight to you - happily, but no, it isn't healthy as to what you are looking for. Lol

I suggest get a glass of milk atleast 1 hour before sleeping, and maybe add a few casein to it for slow absorption of protein. Other than that, I guess just add a little more to what you eat! Good luck on your goal!

23 Oct
I'll try that out. Thank you!
23 Oct
No prob! Just post the result.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Oct 23, 2013 6:21am
via Android

Would you like for me to post that meal on this post or i can email it to you

23 Oct
The skimble email would be best.
Image_thumb
84 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 6:59am
via Android

Breakfast
2 - 4 whole eggs
1 glass whole milk +
1 apple
4-6 slices brown bread

Snack 1
2 bananas + 50 g roasted peanuts + 5 almonds + 2 walnuts

Lunch
Brown rice + chicken breast / beef lean / fish
Stir fried vegetables or steamed vegetables (broccoli + cabbage + carrots + peas + cucumber + tomatoes )

Snack 2
1 bowl curd with 2-4 slices. Jam bread

Dinner
Roti + chicken

No fruits at night / no deep fried food / do cardio daily 30 mins post workout
Drink atleast 10 glasses water daily

Image_thumb
84 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 7:00am
via Android

Dis diet is fr me to put on weight...u Need ntt eat entirely....jus limit to one tin a day....all de best Kay

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51