What Should I Eat?

4 posts | Original | Recent

275041_895820692_680362716_n_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 8, 2013 9:32am
via Android

So I have been working out at the gym each day for last fortnight. And I love it, even if it is a pain dragging my butt there in the morning!

But I am also trying to lose weight. Now this week I haven't eaten great but not BAD (I'm following Slimming World - heard of it?)

Free food - rice, pasta, vegetables, lean meat (<5% fat) eggs, fat free yoghurt - I can eat as much of this as I want.

Fibre & Calcium - a portion of each a day

Syns - treats, sauces and snacks and chocolate etc. 15 syns a day, Mayo is 2 per tbsp.

Now this week I seem to have gained 5lb. Eating like the above with two days off for birthday meals.

Out of the list, what should I eat and when to gain muscle and lose fat? Thanks for any help!!

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 8, 2013 9:42am
via Android

If uve been to the gym and been working out u may have gained muscle weight have u measured urself as thats cos its possible uve lost inches if u keep a check on weight an inch it will give u a more accurate idea of what ur lossing. An good luck xx

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 8, 2013 12:35pm
via Android

15 "syns" a day? you could eat 7 tblsp of mayo! That seems like a lot to me. Not sure how big these are or exactly what.... but if you ate 15 fun size Snickers or peanut butter cups or Twix (can u tell it was just Halloween?) that's like an extra 900 to 1650 calories per day....

Rice and pasta as a free food might be your problem also. I was eating pretty dang clean but used brown rice (better fiber/nutrition) as a free food and didn't start losing weight until I counted calories and realized I should stick to one serving per day what with everything else i was trying to eat just to be healthy.

I found that with my calorie requirements, if I try to get all the healthy stuff in I'm supposed to, I don't have calories to spare for many treats.

Maybe you're gaining muscle, but your limitations don't seem very limiting either. I'm not sure of your workout routine though it really depends on how you're doing there, too.

Try eating cleaner, more veggies less carbs and way less sugar (zero? Maybe?) and tracking calories... (myfitnesspal app) I doubt you put on five pounds of muscle but like i said idk your routine.

08 Nov
Just looked it up and mayo is like 90 per tbsp...so of your other treats are comparable and mayo=2 and you get 15 per day that's 90/2=45 so about 45x15=675 extra calories a day? I must be missing something cuz that can't be a weight loss plan.
08 Nov
I agree, that doesn't sound quite right.
08 Nov
IRS based on volumetrics. So far 7stone down. 2 to go. I just want to learn how to eat to workout rather than diet to lose weight now.
275041_895820692_680362716_n_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 8, 2013 1:26pm
via Android

Its extra light mayo. Fun size twix is 6 syns.

08 Nov
08 Nov
Even with two birthday meals or even two birthday DAYS five pounds seems like too much to actually gain in a week...maybe it's a fluke, hormones, water weight, sun spots... even eating real junk it's tough to eat the 17,000 extra calories needed to gain five pounds in a week...but it's possible... I just doubt it would sneak up on you, so it's probably a glitch and won't stick (i hope) *shrug*
08 Nov
Haha I get a kick out of a fun size twix counting as six ANYTHING but yeah it makes WAY more sense that way

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51